rebuilding trans??

Old November 30th 04, 03:05 PM
mamawanda

Default rebuilding trans??

Heya,
Is it possible for one to rebuild a transaxle. I have a 64
transporter, great engine, bad trans, and no one around here knows
anything (rural mssouri)
I have heard a few things, like you have to have a jig, or special
tools, and just wondered if it's possible to do at home.Anyone have
experience with this?
thanks a bunch,
~wanda
Old November 30th 04, 04:47 PM
Speedy Jim

mamawanda wrote:

> Heya,
> Is it possible for one to rebuild a transaxle. I have a 64
> transporter, great engine, bad trans, and no one around here knows
> anything (rural mssouri)
> I have heard a few things, like you have to have a jig, or special
> tools, and just wondered if it's possible to do at home.Anyone have
> experience with this?
> thanks a bunch,
> ~wanda

mamawanda wrote:

No, you can't afford the tools and the steep learning curve just
to do one.
See:
http://www.ckoon.org/vw/tranny/tranny.html
and:
http://www.longenterprises.com/

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 1st 04, 08:23 PM
mamawanda

Thanks, Jim. I'll just keep saving my pennies foe a rebuilt one, I
guess. there is a real lack of parts here in rural missouri.. even the
foreign parts guys don't have a cleu. have a good one!

Old December 2nd 04, 12:08 AM
Kafertoys

>Thanks, Jim. I'll just keep saving my pennies foe a rebuilt one, I
>guess. there is a real lack of parts here in rural missouri.. even the
>foreign parts guys don't have a cleu. have a good one!

Look out wanda you might get jumped for spelling or typing errors.....LOL

Mario
Vintage Werks restorations
Old December 7th 04, 01:54 AM
ilambert

Hi.I have repaired-not rebuilt-tunnel type trans,as in replaced the
obviously broken part.At that,it took three tries(the forks didn't want to
line up-still don't know why it worked the third time and not the first
two).Go with replacement,used if the budget is tight.
om...

91 Spirit Trans Problem Tank U Dodge 0 November 20th 04 02:03 PM
95 sl2 automatic - post diyer trans r&r Dave V Saturn 4 September 2nd 04 04:37 AM
95 sl2 auto trans broken Dave V Saturn 1 August 27th 04 09:14 PM