rx 8 recall

Old September 4th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bill Patterson

Default rx 8 recall

boo hoo,

What is this recall about?
Old September 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Snip:

CONTROL ARM, CRACKS MAY OCCUR IN THE BALL JOINT SOCKET. Consequence: IN
SEVERE DRIVING CONDITIONS, THE BALL MAY SEPARATE FROM THE BALL JOINT SOCKET
AND A LOSS OF STEERING MAY OCCUR, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPAIR THESE VEHICLES. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING
AUGUST 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500.

You can Google it but there's more info on this link if you'd like a quick
look:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...24/138243.html

A month ago I was driving my brothers RX-8 around edge of mountain curves!
Hmmmmmmm

Chris
99BBB

link.net...

Old September 4th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Oops, upon looking further, there are other recalls, you may have to do a
bit more looking / digging for the full story.

Old September 4th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> Snip:

> LOWER CONTROL ARM, CRACKS MAY OCCUR IN THE BALL JOINT SOCKET. Consequence:
> IN SEVERE DRIVING CONDITIONS, THE BALL MAY SEPARATE FROM THE BALL JOINT
> SOCKET AND A LOSS OF STEERING MAY OCCUR, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
> Remedy:
> DEALERS WILL REPAIR THESE VEHICLES. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING
> AUGUST 2005.

2005.. bit late or what ?

Buick coolant recall suren Technology 4 April 6th 05 03:55 PM
DaimlerChrysler Canada Recall D37 Stefan Chrysler 0 December 7th 04 12:23 AM
C5 Steering Lock Recall Vinnie Corvette 8 November 7th 04 09:31 PM