I can't see any reason why women should drive

Old April 20th 05, 04:29 AM
Old Wolf

Default I can't see any reason why women should drive

>From today's news:

"A judge in Saudi Arabia has upheld a law banning women from
driving, after an accident in the city of Taif involving a
woman driver, reports Reuters. The judge said he couldn't see
any reason why women should drive. In 1990, about 50 women
defied the law and drove through Riyadh. Those caught lost
their jobs."

Great stuff from the US's number one ally in the Middle East.
They wouldn't put up with that from any non-oil-producing
country, I'm sure..

Old April 20th 05, 02:29 PM

Women can have jobs?

Old April 20th 05, 04:06 PM
Brent P

In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:
>>From today's news:

> "A judge in Saudi Arabia has upheld a law banning women from
> driving, after an accident in the city of Taif involving a
> woman driver, reports Reuters. The judge said he couldn't see
> any reason why women should drive. In 1990, about 50 women
> defied the law and drove through Riyadh. Those caught lost
> their jobs."
>
> Great stuff from the US's number one ally in the Middle East.
> They wouldn't put up with that from any non-oil-producing
> country, I'm sure..

And if the US did anything, we'd hear from democrats how bush was forcing
american values on the saudis. But if nothing is done, we'll keep hearing
about the horrible treatment of women. Isn't politics lovely?

Old April 20th 05, 08:57 PM
223rem

Old Wolf wrote:
>>From today's news:

> "A judge in Saudi Arabia has upheld a law banning women from
> driving, after an accident in the city of Taif involving a
> woman driver, reports Reuters. The judge said he couldn't see
> any reason why women should drive. In 1990, about 50 women
> defied the law and drove through Riyadh. Those caught lost
> their jobs."
>
> Great stuff from the US's number one ally in the Middle East.
> They wouldn't put up with that from any non-oil-producing
> country, I'm sure..

I dont give a **** what Arabs do with their women.
Why would I? Actually, the more backward they are,
the happier I am.
Old April 20th 05, 09:22 PM
Ignasi Palou-Rivera

223rem > writes:
> Old Wolf wrote:
>>>From today's news:

>> "A judge in Saudi Arabia has upheld a law banning women from
>> driving, after an accident in the city of Taif involving a
>> woman driver, reports Reuters. The judge said he couldn't see
>> any reason why women should drive. In 1990, about 50 women
>> defied the law and drove through Riyadh. Those caught lost
>> their jobs."
>> Great stuff from the US's number one ally in the Middle East.
>> They wouldn't put up with that from any non-oil-producing
>> country, I'm sure..
>>

> I dont give a **** what Arabs do with their women.
> Why would I? Actually, the more backward they are,
> the happier I am.

A real humanitarian!

--
Ignasi.
(using SPAM trap e-mail address)
Old April 20th 05, 09:27 PM
223rem

Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:
> 223rem > writes:

>>I dont give a **** what Arabs do with their women.
>>Why would I? Actually, the more backward they are,
>>the happier I am.

> A real humanitarian!

Humanism begins at home. I care about my people;
why should I give a **** about foreigners who,
besides, hate us? Let them wrap their females in burkas
and cut their clitorises. It's their 'culture'
after all, and arent you multicultural types supposed
to respect that?

Old April 20th 05, 10:50 PM
Ignasi Palou-Rivera

223rem > writes:
> Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:
>> 223rem > writes:

>>>I dont give a **** what Arabs do with their women.
>>>Why would I? Actually, the more backward they are,
>>>the happier I am.

>> A real humanitarian!

> Humanism begins at home. I care about my people;
> why should I give a **** about foreigners who,
> besides, hate us? Let them wrap their females in burkas
> and cut their clitorises. It's their 'culture'
> after all, and arent you multicultural types supposed
> to respect that?

I'm so respectful that I even respect pieces oif **** like you.

So where does your definition of "furriner" star? Is it at any
passport requesting border? Your state? The edge of your county, town,
neighborhood?

Old April 21st 05, 06:40 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Ignasi Palou-Rivera" > wrote in message
news:1114033853.104af942dbbbe11f2795b0597096b4cc@t eranews...
> 223rem > writes:
>> Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:

>>> A real humanitarian!

>> Humanism begins at home. I care about my people;
>> why should I give a **** about foreigners who,
>> besides, hate us? Let them wrap their females in burkas
>> and cut their clitorises. It's their 'culture'
>> after all, and arent you multicultural types supposed
>> to respect that?

> I'm so respectful that I even respect pieces oif **** like you.
>
> So where does your definition of "furriner" star? Is it at any
> passport requesting border? Your state? The edge of your county, town,
> neighborhood?

For him, yes to all of the above. In fact, anyone who doesn't look, think,
and act just like him is a furriner (sic).

Old April 23rd 05, 02:33 AM
223rem

Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:

> I'm so respectful that I even respect pieces oif **** like you.

So you respect someone you think is a POS? You are an idiot.

> So where does your definition of "furriner" star? Is it at any
> passport requesting border? Your state? The edge of your county, town,
> neighborhood?

Foreigners, to me, are people from countries not friendly to the West.
Europeans, Canadians, Aussies, New Zeelanders are our natural friends.

Only an imbecile liberal (and you qualify) would lose any sleep over the
suffering of peoples that hate our guts.

I'd argue that we should *encourage*, not fight, the self-destructive
customs and customs that Muslim countries practice.