GT 16" Alloys

Old October 11th 04, 09:25 AM
Bertone

Default GT 16" Alloys

Is it worth getting the Alfa GT 17" supersport alloys. They certainly look
nice but it seems that the standard 16" alloy wheels produce a smoother
ride and are cheaper when it comes to replacing the tyres. I've not been
able to directly compare the two so I'd be really grateful for any
opinions on this.

Thanks

Old October 11th 04, 08:47 PM
www.vectrex.nl

16" look awfull, that alone was enough reason for me to choose the 17"

http://www.vectrex.nl/alfa6.jpg

> 16" cheaper tyres - yes
> 16" smoother ride - yes
> 16" look cool - nope

Testdrive both?

"Bertone" > schreef in bericht
lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 12th 04, 12:05 AM
Jacopo

>> 16" cheaper tyres - yes
>> 16" smoother ride - yes
>> 16" look cool - nope

You have to say that bigger are the alloys (and tyres, of course) better is
the handling/stability. I think 17'' it's the best deal, 18'' look great and
the car is *glued* to the road but you loose something in top speed, and
replacing tyres will cost *a lot* much than 17''.

--
Jacopo
Prato, Italia

Old October 13th 04, 08:20 AM
Bertone

Thanks for the advice guys. Does anyone have a picture of the standard 16"
alloys on a GT?

Old October 13th 04, 04:10 PM
www.vectrex.nl

16"-alloy:
http://www.supercarsite.net/images/t..._19_jtd_03.jpg

17"-alloy (5-holes design)
http://www.autoscout24.de/content_ge...Alfa_GT/03.jpg

GTA-alloy:
http://www.autozine.nl/text/extern/293_4524_300.jpg

"Bertone" > schreef in bericht
lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 16th 04, 11:07 AM
Henk Hamminga

It's certenly worth to get the 17" alloys. You will have more grip and it
looks even better.
The price of 215R16/45 is the same as 215R17/45. You can even put on
225R17/45, they are the same price.
I have them myself and I'm very satisfied.

Greetings

Henk

AR GT 1,9JTD 16V Distictive.

"Bertone" > schreef in bericht