Disabling Headlight Off-Time Delay

Old January 3rd 05, 04:12 PM
Jeff Wieland

Default Disabling Headlight Off-Time Delay

Is it possible to disable the Headlight Off-Time Delay on the newer
minivans?
--
Jeff Wieland
Old January 4th 05, 12:55 AM
James C. Reeves

"Jeff Wieland" > wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the Headlight Off-Time Delay on the newer
> minivans?
> --
> Jeff Wieland

If it's set up like my Sebring, turn the headlights off before cutting the
engine.

Old January 4th 05, 12:55 AM
James C. Reeves

Old January 5th 05, 05:32 AM
RPhillips47

"Jeff Wieland" wrote:

>Is it possible to disable the Headlight Off-Time Delay on the newer
>minivans?

If the setup is the same as on my Pacifica, you simlpy turn the lights off
before turning off the engine and not leave the switch set to "auto".
Old January 5th 05, 05:32 AM
RPhillips47

Old January 6th 05, 06:20 AM
Gideon

James C. Reeves wrote in message ...

"Jeff Wieland" > wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the Headlight Off-Time Delay on the newer
> minivans?
> --
> Jeff Wieland

If it's set up like my Sebring, turn the headlights off before cutting
the engine.

================

On our Chrysler, if one forgets to turn off the headlights before turning
off the engine, then the following sequence works:
Very briefly turn the headlight switch off.
Very briefly turn the headlight switch on.
Finally, turn the headlight switch off again - the lights are now off.

This procedure becomes automatic and extremely quick - definitely
less than one second total time.

Personally, I seldom intentionally use the 45 second headlight delay
because it is not good for the battery. In some situations, the detrimental
effects upon the battery are somewhat minimal, but in other cases it
contributes to the diminished capacity of the battery. Why waste even
a small part of the life of the battery needlessly? Most battery damage
is cumulative and irreversible.

Our Chrysler has many features which can place our battery in a
less-than-fully-charged state overnight. This includes remote-controlled
side doors, remote control tailgate, delayed-off interior lights, delayed-off
headlights, delayed off radio/cd player, etc. I can't re-train my wife, so
when it is time to replace the battery then I'll just go to Sam's Club and buy
the highest capacity deep-cycle battery that I can fit in the vehicle. And
of course I'll continue to use the off-on-off sequence when I forget to kill
the lights before killing the engine.

Old January 6th 05, 06:20 AM
Gideon

Old January 6th 05, 04:46 PM
ivan

I do something similar (2004 Concorde):

As I exit the vehicle, since I have the keys in hand, I use the remote
control and click the door unlock (which turns off the lights), and then
click the door lock button.

-ivan-

Old January 6th 05, 04:46 PM
ivan

Old January 9th 05, 06:54 PM
D & J Bergevin

I say "Oh, #$%&#", and cycle the ignition on and off once. The lights go
out. I'm sure the first step is optional though.

Redbeard

"Gideon" > wrote in message

> James C. Reeves wrote in message ...
>
> "Jeff Wieland" > wrote in message
> > Is it possible to disable the Headlight Off-Time Delay on the newer
> > minivans?
> > --
> > Jeff Wieland

> If it's set up like my Sebring, turn the headlights off before cutting
> the engine.
>

> ================
>
> On our Chrysler, if one forgets to turn off the headlights before turning
> off the engine, then the following sequence works:
> Very briefly turn the headlight switch off.
> Very briefly turn the headlight switch on.
> Finally, turn the headlight switch off again - the lights are now off.
>
> This procedure becomes automatic and extremely quick - definitely
> less than one second total time.
>
> Personally, I seldom intentionally use the 45 second headlight delay
> because it is not good for the battery. In some situations, the

detrimental
> effects upon the battery are somewhat minimal, but in other cases it
> contributes to the diminished capacity of the battery. Why waste even
> a small part of the life of the battery needlessly? Most battery damage
> is cumulative and irreversible.
>
> Our Chrysler has many features which can place our battery in a
> less-than-fully-charged state overnight. This includes remote-controlled
> side doors, remote control tailgate, delayed-off interior lights,

delayed-off
> headlights, delayed off radio/cd player, etc. I can't re-train my wife,

so
> when it is time to replace the battery then I'll just go to Sam's Club and

buy
> the highest capacity deep-cycle battery that I can fit in the vehicle. And
> of course I'll continue to use the off-on-off sequence when I forget to

kill
> the lights before killing the engine.

71 headlight Accuator help jjjoseph Corvette 5 February 2nd 05 03:47 AM
Headlight adjustment Toby Groves Audi 3 June 8th 04 08:50 PM
For the Volvo aficionado's....:)) Exit 4x4 174 January 10th 04 06:22 PM