American vs German Quality

Old December 1st 04, 11:08 PM
Bill 2

"RPhillips47" > wrote in message
> "Bill 2" wrote:
>
> >I drive Chryslers too, I know what a T&C is.

> What a surprise. You come into a Chrysler group to brag about Fords and

bash
> Chrysler so the assumtion is.............. (yes, I know I shouldn't ASSuME

but
> in this case I am the "ME"!).

I'm not bragging about Fords, I'm just saying Chrysler isn't vastly (if at
all) superior.

Old December 1st 04, 11:08 PM
Bill 2

Old December 1st 04, 11:55 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Bill 2 wrote:

> > Yep, you can rely on the modular V8 engines to eat intake manifolds and
> > cylinder heads, in addition to the rotating-electrics problems most all
> > Fords have.

> Sorry that just doesn't quite line up with reality. The engines might
> start to smoke after 350 000km, but other than the car is very reliable.

Your reality is not the reality of the fleet managers -- several of them,
over the years -- I've spoken with. What's your sample size, there, Bill?
One? Two?

Old December 1st 04, 11:55 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 1st 04, 11:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:

> > Yep, you can rely on the modular V8 engines to eat intake manifolds and
> > cylinder heads, in addition to the rotating-electrics problems most all
> > Fords have.

> If you're talking about the various incarnations of the 4.6 (single and
> dual overhead cam), that hasn't been my experience at all.

That's entirely probable. How many of them have you owned, and for how
long?

Old December 1st 04, 11:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 2nd 04, 12:09 AM
RPhillips47

"Bill 2" wrote:

>I'm not bragging about Fords, I'm just saying Chrysler isn't vastly (if at
>all) superior.

Funny, it sounded like bragging - and many people here will disagree on your
statement that Chrysler isn't superior.
Old December 2nd 04, 12:09 AM
RPhillips47

Old December 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
Ritz

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Ritz wrote:
>

>>>Yep, you can rely on the modular V8 engines to eat intake manifolds and
>>>cylinder heads, in addition to the rotating-electrics problems most all
>>>Fords have.

>>If you're talking about the various incarnations of the 4.6 (single and
>>dual overhead cam), that hasn't been my experience at all.

> That's entirely probable. How many of them have you owned, and for how
> long?

I haven't owned a single one, but I have customers (maybe 20-30) that
own those engines in various cars. The last Ford V8 I owned was a fox
body Mustang 5.0L, which was a completely different engine.

Cheers,

Old December 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
Ritz

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 05:27 PM
Driving lessons in American schools John Rowland Driving 62 December 23rd 04 01:33 AM
German F-1 Calendar Anna Lisa BMW 0 November 25th 04 08:05 AM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 07:44 AM