2003 Chrysler 300M

Old June 22nd 05, 09:35 PM
dpfidler

Default 2003 Chrysler 300M

I知 looking at buying a 2003 Chrysler 300M with 35,000 miles. Does
anyone have advice on problems or issues with this car?

Thank you.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-2...ict125729.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=612307
Old June 22nd 05, 10:30 PM
Steve B.

On 22 Jun 2005 16:35:43 -0400, dpfidler
> wrote:

>I知 looking at buying a 2003 Chrysler 300M with 35,000 miles. Does
>anyone have advice on problems or issues with this car?
>
>Thank you.

A/C condenser tends to break and leak out all your 134a and sway bar
end links tend to fail early and often cauing a rattle when going over
bumps. Other than these two problems and one output speen sensor that
went out ours has been a very good car.

Steve B.
Old June 22nd 05, 11:23 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

We have an '02 300M with about 37,000 miles. Other than routine
maintenance, the only thing that's been done to it is unjam the driver's
side window and replace the driver's side mirror (it would tilt down too
far when the car was in reverse).

Perce

On 06/22/05 05:30 pm Steve B. tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Old June 22nd 05, 11:41 PM
NJ Vike

Just the reception on the radio was poor when the defroster was engaged. A
new filter cleared this up.

No issues on my '02

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

Old June 23rd 05, 12:40 AM
HAMBURGER

On 22 Jun 2005 16:35:43 -0400, dpfidler
> wrote:

>I知 looking at buying a 2003 Chrysler 300M with 35,000 miles. Does
>anyone have advice on problems or issues with this car?
>
>Thank you.

'02 M here clocking in at 58k mi. It burns about a qt of oil every 3k
or so but other than that it's been a good ride so far. I bought the
car used with 22k mi and immediately changed the oil/filter, air
filter, spark plugs, transmission & differential fluids and dumped in
a couple bottles of anti-foam for the transmission as well. Engine
layout is straightforward so everything is easily accessible.
Eventually replaced the brake pads and rotors and that was an easy job
too. It's a great looking car, I receive compliments on it all the
time.

Old June 23rd 05, 02:10 AM
Art

Window motors and regulators were a major problem on the 99. Change your AT
fluid every 35k miles and use the correct fluid with no additives. Expect
one or the other sensors on the AT to go every 50k miles leaving you with
second gear only. Don't get ripped off for a new AT when all you need is a
$30 sensor.

news:1_612307_610d35d3f594164935d0513ac6a24f76@aut oforumz.com...

Old June 23rd 05, 02:18 AM
Steve

I have a 2004

So far have had to get the Kframe tightened, Door seals comming away, and a
slight window grinding sound. Many people report problems with the AC,
power door locks and rotors warping.

I personally love the car, I bought it used with 26K/KM and have added
another 32K/KM in 8 months. It's pretty smooth and has great power. On the
down side the cabin noise is a little loud at higher speeds.

Old June 23rd 05, 10:48 PM
Bill Putney

Steve wrote:

> ...On the
> down side the cabin noise is a little loud at higher speeds.

Steve - that's probably the tires doing that (and maybe some wind noise
- but mostly tires). There are some very good quiet tires.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old June 24th 05, 01:24 AM
Art

It may be the tires but I have the Michelin MXV4+ which are much quieter
than the original equipment Goodyears and between the road and engine noise,
the 300M cabin is much noisier than the Toyota Avalon cabin.

Old July 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
Dawgz83944

"dpfidler" wrote:
>I知 looking at buying a 2003 Chrysler 300M with 35,000 miles.
>Does anyone have advice on problems or issues with this car?
>
>Thank you.

I have a 2000 LHS and it痴 gone to 100,000 miles with no problems. The
LHS is basically a 300m with a Concorde body without the autostick. I
recommend you change the tranny fluid every 40000 miles at least and
use the recommended fluid. My car uses maybe 1/2qt every 5000mi. All
sensors have been fine I replaced the timing belt @ 80000mi and do the
water pump while your at it. The sucky parts of these cars is the
change the head light bulbs you have to drop the front bumper a little
bit and the belts are all hidden underneath the cross bar so it has to
be removed.