Forget the Sky, here come SC3

Old February 23rd 05, 10:54 PM
Brian Talley

Default Forget the Sky, here come SC3

Darius wrote:
> Please don't flame for posting pics to non-binary group, it's only 30 K.
>
> I know, I know, shouldn't but did anyway
> So, what do you think about the SC3?

*yawn*

It bears a striking resemblance to a very early-model Mitsubishi
Eclipse. The style doesn't inspire me much, but to each their own.

I have been lusting after a Lotus Elise but my wife is reluctant
to have me part with $43k+. The Sky is not in the same league in
either the looks or performance departments but maybe the price
will be far more palatable and I might find it fun. (How could I
*not* find it fun after driving a Vue?)

Brian
Old March 8th 05, 05:29 PM
Paul Elliot

Brian Talley wrote:

> Darius wrote:
>
>> Please don't flame for posting pics to non-binary group, it's only 30 K.
>>
>> I know, I know, shouldn't but did anyway
>> So, what do you think about the SC3?

> *yawn*
>
> It bears a striking resemblance to a very early-model Mitsubishi
> Eclipse. The style doesn't inspire me much, but to each their own.
>
> I have been lusting after a Lotus Elise but my wife is reluctant
> to have me part with $43k+. The Sky is not in the same league in
> either the looks or performance departments but maybe the price
> will be far more palatable and I might find it fun. (How could I
> *not* find it fun after driving a Vue?)
>
> Brian

I'm still having FUN driving my Vue! 2004 V-6 AWD.
Paul

--
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Old March 8th 05, 09:27 PM
Brian Talley

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:29:26 +0000, Paul Elliot wrote:

> Brian Talley wrote:
>
>> Darius wrote:
>>
>>> Please don't flame for posting pics to non-binary group, it's only 30 K.
>>>
>>> I know, I know, shouldn't but did anyway
>>> So, what do you think about the SC3?

>> *yawn*
>>
>> It bears a striking resemblance to a very early-model Mitsubishi
>> Eclipse. The style doesn't inspire me much, but to each their own.
>>
>> I have been lusting after a Lotus Elise but my wife is reluctant
>> to have me part with $43k+. The Sky is not in the same league in
>> either the looks or performance departments but maybe the price
>> will be far more palatable and I might find it fun. (How could I
>> *not* find it fun after driving a Vue?)
>>
>> Brian

> I'm still having FUN driving my Vue! 2004 V-6 AWD.
> Paul

Don't get me wrong: for what it is, the Vue is great. I enjoy it as a
reliable, comfortable vehicle for travelling long distances, and it
handles well in the snow. Mileage is downright reasonable for a vehicle of
its size.

But comfy/reliable/AWD != fun.

I prefer a manual tranny. The Vue's is auto. I like jackrabbit starts and
quick, tight cornering at what my wife would label "unreasonable" speeds.
That doesn't happen in the Vue.

YMMV.

Brian