What's with all these spam postings??

Old January 20th 05, 04:02 PM
Mark W

Default What's with all these spam postings??

What's with all these nonsense spams that are getting posted in the
middle of the night? They're not even commercial! I checked a few out
and they don't have any links or sales pitch or anything...just a string
of nonsense sentences.

Any clues why they're being sent or how to stop them?

Mark
Old January 20th 05, 04:29 PM
jjs

"Mark W" > wrote in message
m...
> What's with all these nonsense spams that are getting posted in the middle
> of the night? They're not even commercial! I checked a few out and they
> don't have any links or sales pitch or anything...just a string of
> nonsense sentences.

It's a vicious 'bot intended to bomb news servers. Any good news server
filters them out. For example, I use Supernews and never get them.

Old January 21st 05, 03:51 AM
Charles Fregeau

"jjs" <john@xstafford.net> wrote in message
> "Mark W" > wrote in message
> m...
>> What's with all these nonsense spams that are getting posted in the
>> middle of the night? They're not even commercial! I checked a few out and
>> they don't have any links or sales pitch or anything...just a string of
>> nonsense sentences.

> It's a vicious 'bot intended to bomb news servers. Any good news server
> filters them out. For example, I use Supernews and never get them.

There is also a virus called Sober.I going round and it does a lot of these
nonsense messages, too. I've had to battle it on my server.

Charles of Kankakee