Nitrogen tire filling arrives in Calgary (CostCo)

Old November 12th 04, 12:03 PM
Richard

"Joe" > wrote in message

> "Richard" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
>> n.umich.edu...

>> > That's fine in the summer, but in the winter you definitely want to
>> > fill
>> > your tires with Freon. Being heavier than air, it helps your tires
>> > stick
>> > to slippery roads.

>> Actually, farmers fill their tractor tires part of the way with salt
>> water
>> to help keep the tractors from rolling over. Perhaps this should be

> required
>> by the Feds in all SUV's to solve their roll over problem. Cheaper than
>> those computer stability systems for sure.
>>
>> Richard.
>>

> Mercury would be even better for handling. Plus, it conducts electricity
> should your car be struck by lightning.
>
> Seriously though, liquid-filled tires are only suitable for very
> slow-moving
> equipment like farm tractors. They would never balance at speed.

Wrong. I have developed a complex computer program that will predict the
dynamic balance requirements of brine filled tires on the run, so to speak.
Cheap Chrysler has so far refused to fit this $3,800.00 system on any of its
cars or SUV's. Where is Ralph Nader when you need him?

Richard.

Old November 12th 04, 12:03 PM
Richard

Old November 14th 04, 09:27 AM

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:13:19 GMT, "Richard" >
wrote:

>Actually, farmers fill their tractor tires part of the way with salt water
>to help keep the tractors from rolling over. Perhaps this should be required

Completely with calcium chloride for traction !

Old November 14th 04, 09:27 AM