Cool running

Old August 20th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis Wik

Default Cool running

This morning it was cool here (about 72 degrees) and I went for a ride
in the Puma. Drove about 150 miles at about 65 mph and the oil temp
never got over 75 C. I think this equals about 170 degrees. Anyway I
like cool running as some of you guys know. On my last hot run (95
degrees outside) the oil temp stayed under 95 C. I run all synthetics.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=32090944&f="Den's
Dogs</a>

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old August 20th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Robert

Yesterday, I took my 67 bus on a 200 mile round trip to move my
daughter to college. A few months ago, I replaced the cheap 36hp dog
house fan shroud with a stock dog house shroud with the flaps but
didn't have the oppertunity to run it under a long load. Normally, my
bus would run around 230-250 but this time it ran between 210-225 and
the air was hot, like around 80 degrees. I was cruising between
65-70mph. I am now convinced that the stock shroud and the flaps (mine
are old and had to be welded open) are the way to go. - Bob

Old August 20th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis Wik

I have a chrome fan shroud with the stock flaps on the bottom wide open
also. I do not subscribe to thermostats as many here know but I do
believe the flaps direct the air flow to maxamize the cooling.

Old August 20th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Busman

80 degree air was hot? That would be like winter in Texas.
Andy

oups.com...

Old August 20th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Robert

How do you know what it would be like in Texas? It seems like all the
Texans are up here in Wyoming. I sometimes wonder who is left in Texas.
- Bob