Bose Buzz fix cost $$ out of waranty

Old October 8th 04, 10:50 PM
squirrely

Default Bose Buzz fix cost $$ out of waranty

99 with the typical buzzing problem in speaker(s)

What is the likely cost to fix?

Old October 10th 04, 05:49 PM
Myron

"squirrely" > wrote in message news:<5ZD9d.146372$wV.140174@attbi_s54>...
> 99 with the typical buzzing problem in speaker(s)
>
> What is the likely cost to fix?

I have tthe same buzzing problem. Usually it buzzes in the morning
and is fine in the afternoon. I just had the door panel off and the
speaker looks fine. There is a rainshield but all was bone dry. Just
in case, I added a Crutchfield baffle. worked fine till this morning.
I am now back to the buzzing!. Is it the speaker or amp?

Myron
Old October 12th 04, 03:11 AM
squirrely

Amp or speaker?

Not sure

My searches of Miata.net & this forum indicates that this is a common issue,
and there is a common approach to fix - new speaker(S)

Asked dealer for typical quote - wouldn't answer. Said he thought Bose
speakers had built in amps, so might be costly

m...

Old October 12th 04, 12:31 PM
Joe

"squirrely" > wrote in message news:<5ZD9d.146372$wV.140174@attbi_s54>...
> 99 with the typical buzzing problem in speaker(s)
>
> What is the likely cost to fix?

Is this the sound like water behind the speaker cone? I just crank it
up and it eventually goes away. I have a 90 minute drive, and the
buzz normally goes away in about 20 minutes. I assumed it was
dampness in the voice coils. It always happens after a good rain. I
have a garage now, so I only have the problem on the way home from
work after a rain.

My biggest problem was that I listen to NPR in the mornings. Nothing
like cranking up NPR to wake you up.

Joe
Old October 13th 04, 02:43 AM
Larry Gadbois

You probably have one bad speaker (maybe two). The Bose replacements are
about $175 each. Turn the balance control all the way to one side and
listen. Try the other side. No point in replacing both if just one is
buzzing.

The easiest solution is to fix what you have. If ever sell the car, having a
Bose Audio System is a plus.

Old October 13th 04, 03:36 AM
Larry Gadbois

The amplifiers almost never fail!

ink.net...

Old October 15th 04, 04:16 AM
squirrely

may be humidity, dampness related, sometimes does clear up - but mostly
constant

never drive Miata 90 mins, so problem almost constant - gotta be a better
way

bass or even mid range can be a problem

looks like may be out 175

"Joe" > wrote in message
om...
> "squirrely" > wrote in message
>> 99 with the typical buzzing problem in speaker(s)
>>
>> What is the likely cost to fix?

> Is this the sound like water behind the speaker cone? I just crank it
> up and it eventually goes away. I have a 90 minute drive, and the
> buzz normally goes away in about 20 minutes. I assumed it was
> dampness in the voice coils. It always happens after a good rain. I
> have a garage now, so I only have the problem on the way home from
> work after a rain.
>
> My biggest problem was that I listen to NPR in the mornings. Nothing
> like cranking up NPR to wake you up.
>
> Joe

Lowest cost per cubic foot cargo space in passenger vans = Chevy Express Van [email protected] General 0 January 13th 05 02:59 PM
corvett 2001 bose head what make is the cd changer yar Corvette 0 November 20th 04 04:32 PM
Bose Rebuilt Speakers Brian F Corvette 0 November 4th 04 08:36 PM
Please Read: Buy a Car $50 Dollars over Dealer Cost!!!!!!!!!!! Edward Tyshkevich 4x4 0 October 16th 04 06:11 AM