Plastic door handle broke on 300M

Old September 1st 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bunky

Default Plastic door handle broke on 300M

The driver's interior door handle broke on our 300M. We had noticed a
defect in the casting and it finally snapped off. The spring fell out.

Is it a difficult fix to replace this? Do you have to remove the whole door
panel or will the small cup around the handle come off to access it?

Thanx for any help....

Old September 1st 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Bunky" > wrote in message
. ..
> The driver's interior door handle broke on our 300M. We had noticed a
> defect in the casting and it finally snapped off. The spring fell out.
>
> Is it a difficult fix to replace this? Do you have to remove the whole

door
> panel or will the small cup around the handle come off to access it?
>
> Thanx for any help....

The door panel has to be removed. Take your Vin# to the dealer and have them
order the correct one for your vehicle. It takes about a 1/2hr to do this
repair.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 1st 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:
> "Bunky" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>The driver's interior door handle broke on our 300M. We had noticed a
>>defect in the casting and it finally snapped off. The spring fell out.
>>
>>Is it a difficult fix to replace this? Do you have to remove the whole

> door
>
>>panel or will the small cup around the handle come off to access it?
>>
>>Thanx for any help....
>>

> The door panel has to be removed. Take your Vin# to the dealer and have them
> order the correct one for your vehicle. It takes about a 1/2hr to do this
> repair.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

When you take your VIN in to the dealer, reference TSB No. 23-013-04.
That tells them the right handle part number to order - there's a bunch
of variatons. There system will probably tell them the right number
from your VIN as Glenn is saying, but the TSB gives the trim description
for each part so you can figure it out from that. Also it tells them
how to replace it.

Or find the TSB, order the part, and DIY because the part and labor are
going to be on your nickel. From the TSB: "POLICY: Reimbursable within
the provisions of the warranty." See - you just *thought* the part had
a defect! You obviously were mistaken.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 1st 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote:

> ...There system will...

Oops - *their* system...

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 3rd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bunky

Thanks for the input. The dealer quoted us around $150 labor so a half hour
is probably about right
The only issue now is we noticed two other door handles seem to have a
little ridge in them.........