Why does PT foglight come on with right turn signal?

Old August 29th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

Default Why does PT foglight come on with right turn signal?

Recently when I put the RIGHT turn signal on, the foglight comes on. I
assume it comes on, because the instrument panel foglight indicator
comes on. Doesn't do it on a LEFT turn signal. Any ideas? I know how
to turn the foglights on and off. The handle is pushed in to the OFF
position, but signal for a right turn, and on comes the indicator
light. And maybe the fog lights.

Old August 29th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Recently when I put the RIGHT turn signal on, the foglight comes on. I
> assume it comes on, because the instrument panel foglight indicator
> comes on. Doesn't do it on a LEFT turn signal. Any ideas? I know how
> to turn the foglights on and off. The handle is pushed in to the OFF
> position, but signal for a right turn, and on comes the indicator
> light. And maybe the fog lights.

The switch may be getting ready to go out. I have seen several instances
where the fog lites would not turn off even with the key out of the ignition
and run the battery down. Just a thought

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 29th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

On Aug 29, 3:13 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:

> The switch may be getting ready to go out. I have seen several instances
> where the fog lites would not turn off even with the key out of the ignition
> and run the battery down. Just a thought
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

++++++++++++++

Thanks Glenn, I just went out and checked. YES, when the turn signal
lever is ser for a right turn, the indicator light and the two fog
lights come on.
Can I have the fog lights disconnected, I've never used them one time,
or am I still cruisn'* for a new light switch.

*Pun intended, how much should I be prepared to spend to have the
switch replaced? If I need a light switch (PT has 45K on it) it just
further confirms my suspicion that PT means Piece (of) Trash!

Old August 29th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 29, 3:13 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > The switch may be getting ready to go out. I have seen several instances
> > where the fog lites would not turn off even with the key out of the

ignition
> > and run the battery down. Just a thought
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

> ++++++++++++++
>
> Thanks Glenn, I just went out and checked. YES, when the turn signal
> lever is ser for a right turn, the indicator light and the two fog
> lights come on.
> Can I have the fog lights disconnected, I've never used them one time,
> or am I still cruisn'* for a new light switch.
>
> *Pun intended, how much should I be prepared to spend to have the
> switch replaced? If I need a light switch (PT has 45K on it) it just
> further confirms my suspicion that PT means Piece (of) Trash!

You can disconnect them at the lites if you want. the switch is easy to
replace, just make sure you don't forget to put the old T/S relay into the
new switch if you do the job. Im not sure how much the switch is, maybe
$100? Me personally I think the PT Cruiser has been a very good reliable
vehicle.

Glenn

Old August 30th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ron S.

maxpower wrote:
> "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>On Aug 29, 3:13 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
>>

>>>The switch may be getting ready to go out. I have seen several instances
>>>where the fog lites would not turn off even with the key out of the

> ignition
>
>>>and run the battery down. Just a thought
>>>
>>>Glenn Beasley
>>>Chrysler Tech

>>++++++++++++++
>>
>>Thanks Glenn, I just went out and checked. YES, when the turn signal
>>lever is ser for a right turn, the indicator light and the two fog
>>lights come on.
>>Can I have the fog lights disconnected, I've never used them one time,
>>or am I still cruisn'* for a new light switch.
>>
>>*Pun intended, how much should I be prepared to spend to have the
>>switch replaced? If I need a light switch (PT has 45K on it) it just
>>further confirms my suspicion that PT means Piece (of) Trash!
>>

> You can disconnect them at the lites if you want. the switch is easy to
> replace, just make sure you don't forget to put the old T/S relay into the
> new switch if you do the job. Im not sure how much the switch is, maybe
> $100? Me personally I think the PT Cruiser has been a very good reliable
> vehicle.
>
> Glenn

You're right Glenn. The PT is one of the better vehicles out there. We
are on our second one ('07 in Opal metalic w/ 5 speed stick) and we love
it. We put 131,000 miles on our first one and only replaced brakes and
tires.

Old August 30th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob AZ

The handle is pushed in to the OFF
> position, but signal for a right turn, and on comes the indicator
> light. And maybe the fog lights.

Peter

Perhaps the ground for the signal lights and the fog lights is shared
and needs some help.

Bob AZ

Old August 30th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article . com>,
"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:

> On Aug 29, 3:13 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > The switch may be getting ready to go out. I have seen several instances
> > where the fog lites would not turn off even with the key out of the ignition
> > and run the battery down. Just a thought
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

> ++++++++++++++
>
> Thanks Glenn, I just went out and checked. YES, when the turn signal
> lever is ser for a right turn, the indicator light and the two fog
> lights come on.
> Can I have the fog lights disconnected, I've never used them one time,
> or am I still cruisn'* for a new light switch.
>
> *Pun intended, how much should I be prepared to spend to have the
> switch replaced? If I need a light switch (PT has 45K on it) it just
> further confirms my suspicion that PT means Piece (of) Trash!

That switch is a problem which a new one will only solve for a few years
until it goes again. A friend of mine had his fog lights occasionally
come on when he was parked and drain his battery.
I've read that many owners either pull the fog light fuse, or install a
separate fog light switch.
Old September 2nd 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

one of the better vehicles on the road i'll second that and cheaper to fix than
honda'sor toyotas
i see them with now 200 k and running good and still just needing brake jobs

Old September 2nd 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:03:01 UTC, "Ron S." >
wrote:

> maxpower wrote:
> > "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> > ignition

> >>++++++++++++++
> >>
> >>Thanks Glenn, I just went out and checked. YES, when the turn signal
> >>lever is ser for a right turn, the indicator light and the two fog
> >>lights come on.
> >>Can I have the fog lights disconnected, I've never used them one time,
> >>or am I still cruisn'* for a new light switch.
> >>
> >>*Pun intended, how much should I be prepared to spend to have the
> >>switch replaced? If I need a light switch (PT has 45K on it) it just
> >>further confirms my suspicion that PT means Piece (of) Trash!
> >>

> > You can disconnect them at the lites if you want. the switch is easy to
> > replace, just make sure you don't forget to put the old T/S relay into the
> > new switch if you do the job. Im not sure how much the switch is, maybe
> > $100? Me personally I think the PT Cruiser has been a very good reliable
> > vehicle.
> >
> > Glenn
> >

> You're right Glenn. The PT is one of the better vehicles out there. We
> are on our second one ('07 in Opal metalic w/ 5 speed stick) and we love
> it. We put 131,000 miles on our first one and only replaced brakes and
> tires.

I agree with the reliability and style of the PT, however, having had
a 2003 sedan and 2005 convertible, the gas mileage is mediocre. The
03 had the standard engine and did not get over 22 ever! The 05 had
the 180HP turbo and the best it could acheve was 24, once! We traded
it in two weeks ago for a 2007 Dodge Caliber and have been very
pleased with the car, getting over 26 city and on our first short
trip, 27, the car has less than 700 miles on it. I would like to have
seen the PT with the 2.0 engine and the CVT gearbox, or better, the
diesel that is sold in Europe.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
Old September 3rd 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steven Stone

I bought our 2006 PT Cruiser not for mpg but because it seemed like a
fairly safe car for my daughter to drive, could carry her entire dorm
room in the back with the seats removed, and was the right price point
for me. I do get grief from the Accord / Honda owners over how loud the
engine sounds and what they consider **** poor mpg (about 10 mpg less
than their rice wagons)

93 ZJ Turn Signal Bogey Buster Jeep 2 May 21st 07 06:32 PM
Turn Signal help! [email protected] Technology 2 March 21st 06 03:14 PM
Left LoBeam Out, Turn Signal Warning Signal On Ted Borck Jeep 5 November 25th 05 08:05 PM
Turn signal [email protected] BMW 2 January 16th 05 11:04 PM
Turn Signal Help! John York General 0 December 22nd 04 12:18 PM