Will this be a good Journey?

Old August 29th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

Default Will this be a good Journey?

This new vehicle from Chrysler explains why they dropped the short mini
Van.

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/dodge/journey.html

> The 2009 Dodge Journey crossover (and dual-clutch automatic)
>
> The Dodge Journey crossover will be sold in the U.S. in early 2008, and will
> be available in Europe and Asia by the end of next year. Built in Toluca,
> Mexico, the Journey is based on the D-segment Chrysler Sebring and Dodge
> Avenger but has a longer wheelbase and taller body. The Journey will come in
> SE, SXT and R/T versions and will offer three powertrains (plus a diesel
> outside of North America). R/T models will have optional all-wheel-drive. As
> always, oh20 was nearly 100% accurate; the only real difference between his
> predictions and the actual press release was the name, changed from Crew to
> Journey.

When I bought my wife's new 2001 Sebring the dealer tried getting me
interested in something. My Concorde was only 6 yrs old then.
I suggested I'd be interested in a Sebring wagon or crossover.
The dealer said it will never be made. Of course he didn't want me to
wait for it and the Sebring just wasn't for me; a decision I feel even
stronger about today.

Well it appears that's what the Journey is.
Now if only that 2L diesel would be available in NA.
Old September 5th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Just Me (remove

Same crappy gas mileage of all Mopar cars. When are they going to get a
clue that if you buy a small car you want 30mpg not 20.

It's the fuel economy stupid. Mopar, not you Some O.

Old September 5th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

In article <lQmDi.1474$h06.74@trnddc03>,
"Just Me (remove <nospam> to reply)" >
wrote:

> Same crappy gas mileage of all Mopar cars. When are they going to get a
> clue that if you buy a small car you want 30mpg not 20.
>
> It's the fuel economy stupid. Mopar, not you Some O.

I don't know where you come from, but it's not from reality world.
Such a dumb response as yours just illustrates how non functional your
brain is.
You probably won't believe this, but we get the mileage you quote with
our 3.3L Chrysler and our 2.7L Sebring, not small cars, just excellent
Chrysler cars.
How sad you are, sounding like some ****ed off Mercedes owner.
Old September 5th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Just Me (remove <nospam> to reply) wrote:

> Same crappy gas mileage of all Mopar cars. When are they going to get a
> clue that if you buy a small car you want 30mpg not 20.

WTF are you talking about? The PT Cruiser doesn't get high mileage, but
it is not a "small" car (tall with lots of frontal area and passenger
volume for its weight) and all the others get the same mileage as
competitors cars.