Dodge is like a Carriage with a DEAD HORSE!!

Old June 2nd 05, 03:13 AM
James Goforth

It just mystifies me why ANYONE responds to this stuff.
To do so is an embarrassment to this entire discussion room as a
group. Pretty much everyone in here is better than that.
Just the Subject: line is an obvious taunt
--why does anyone even read it?
Everyone knows you're not supposed to respond to (read "encourage")
trolls but it must be too hard to resist.
Look at all the wasted space.

Old June 2nd 05, 03:57 AM
Dan C

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:13:44 -0500, James Goforth wrote:

> It just mystifies me why ANYONE responds to this stuff.

So why did YOU ?

> To do so is an embarrassment to this entire discussion room as a
> group. Pretty much everyone in here is better than that.

Hmmm....

> Everyone knows you're not supposed to respond to (read "encourage")
> trolls but it must be too hard to resist.

Indeed.

> Look at all the wasted space.

Where? I don't see it. Is the internet almost filled up? What should we
do about it?!

Linux Registered User #327951

Old June 7th 05, 08:12 AM
charles irby

i think you're missing a screw .... i got a 1998 dodge neon rt its got
157000 thousand miles on it . ( I LOVE IT ITS A GREAT CAR ) its gets
good gas mi 34-38 . it has really ben worth the money and i would buy a
nether one . GM AND FORDS SUCKS AND YOU DO TOO . YOU CANT BEAT A ( MOPAR
) END OF STORY .

Old June 7th 05, 08:27 AM
charles irby

thee is no better thin CHRYSLER - DODGE OR PLYMOUTH ...

Old June 8th 05, 12:00 AM
James C. Reeves

"charles irby" > wrote in message
> thee is no better thin CHRYSLER - DODGE OR PLYMOUTH ...

Well, I wouldn't go that far. They are nice products, but...

Old September 15th 05, 01:57 AM
Gyzmologist

First of all I want to thank Neil for providing us with so much
entertainment at his expense. All of you responders have done a great job of
providing some really good information.

Since 1984 I have owned 7 Dodge vehicles, two Hondas, and one Ford. I used
to be a GM mechanic in my younger years (73-82). Doesn't it seem odd that a
former GM mechanic would not be buying GM vehicles?

Two of these were Neons. First a '95 2.0 automatic, then a '97 2.0 Sport
5-speed. The 2.0 engines start so quickly I can identify one just from the
sound. But Neil wouldn't know that. Crappy Dodge.

I now have a '98 Stratus ES V6 with 118,000 miles. It has been the lowest
maintenance and most trouble free car I have ever owned. Accessory drive
belts replaced at 100K because of mileage, not failure. Replaced break pads
and shoes at 100K because of mileage, not failure. Having the timing belt
and water pump replaced soon because of mileage, not failure. Replaced the
battery in 2001 because of failure. Everything else is original. Well, I
have had to replace the wiper blades every year. Crappy Dodge.

I also own a '98 Mustang V6 which now has 74,000 miles. Just past warranty
the turn signal switch failed and had to be replaced ($300). The knob pulled
off of the head light switch and the assembly had to be replaced ($80). The
ignition switch-shifter interlock has failed. The dealer didn't have the
parts when I took it in for the turn signal switch so I defeated it by
removing the cable. No such problems with my Crappy Dodge.

I have owned two Hondas, a '94 Del Sol DOHC VTEC, and a '97 Prelude DOHC
VTEC. Both were good cars, but because of valve adjustments and rusting
exhaust systems they cost more to own. No such expenses with my Crappy
Dodge.

People rate cars based upon expectations. People like Neil would rate their
flaming Ford Roll-Over with the highest marks. That's why Clueless Reports
and JD Powerless and Assoc surveys are so useless. Great example is the Ford
Escort, which CR rated so highly. know of two people who slide into a curb
on ice and wiped out their transaxle. The impact was not severe enough to
bend the rim or break the tire bead. A Crappy Dodge would have driven away
without an incident.

My brother-in-law was once a Ford employee and got cars on their A-Plan. He
had two Escorts and thought they were great. The timing belts would break at
36,000 miles, one had a transaxle fail, and they ate tires like candy, but
he loved them. Before he left Ford he stepped up and bought a Ranger. Major
problems with the suspension (shock mounts breaking) and electrical system
(demonized). Before the warranty expired he traded it for a used S-10 (not
sure that was a good decision).

I like my Crappy Dodge.
Gyz

oups.com...

Old September 15th 05, 02:46 AM
James C. Reeves

I've had 6-7 Chrysler products since the mid '80's and have had the same
experience...very trouble free rides. Hard to say if that is typical
though.

Now having said that, I did just have to have the crankshaft and camshaft
position sensors replaced on my 2004 Sebring. One had failed, but
apparently the PCM can only tell the mechanic that one failed, but not which
one. So, warranty replaced both.

Old September 15th 05, 03:30 AM
flobert

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:46:11 -0400, "James C. Reeves"
> wrote:

>I've had 6-7 Chrysler products since the mid '80's and have had the same
>experience...very trouble free rides. Hard to say if that is typical
>though.
>
>Now having said that, I did just have to have the crankshaft and camshaft
>position sensors replaced on my 2004 Sebring. One had failed, but
>apparently the PCM can only tell the mechanic that one failed, but not which
>one. So, warranty replaced both.

Wish my experiances were so good. 87 caravan, often poorly starts,
lots of electrical problems (at night when you put the lights on, the
indicators and full beam lamps come on, and all guages tip to max, no
dashboard light) and generally doesn't run well (won't always go into
gear, often has problems moving away, will kick down and do nothing0
even the ancillary equipmentisn't great (in the past 6 months i've had
to replace the drivers side wiper 6 times, because it comes off the
screen and breaks, when used over 50mph. The lenses are so cloudy,
that main beam is half the range of my similarly aged civic on
dipped.All second hand parts are the same - and its $100 each for a
new lens. I aint een giong to go into the poor interior fit+finish,
the pannels dropping off, rattling etc.

My wifes work van, a 96 T+C - Its on its 3rd transmission and THAT ONE
going. I took it to the store at 3am last night, wouldn't go into gear
(any gear) below 2900rpmInterior lights don't work, headlights are dim
even in compaison (again) to my 88 civic.

both these vehicles have done about 160,000 miles. My civics done
230,000. Guess which ones I have to work on? I have similar age cars,
in the UK as well. An Austin Metro, and a low-end volvo. Neither
require anywhere near the maintaince of either of these vehicles. in
fact, the maintaince of all 3 is less than on ONe of the dodges.
Old September 16th 05, 02:23 AM
gad

For what it's worth, my 96 Grand Caravan (only 85K miles, BTW) has had:
- 2 water pumps (first replacement, from a Dodge dealer no less, started
leaking 2 years after replacement)
- Intake manifold gasket went
- Valve cover gaskets
- Master cylinder and booster pump
- 2 transmission seals
- Evaporator core leaks (living with it broken because replacement is 1000
bucks)
- Power door lock in sliding door broke
- Weather stripping split apart on two doors
- Transmission cooler line leak
- Power window mechanism in driver's door self-destructed
- Fan relay problem
- Usual stuff - battery replaced, brakes, tires, rubber suspension bushings,
etc.

The good news is that the tranny itself hasn't died like so many others have
(although the seal replacement job was close to $1K), the engine runs well,
and we haven't had any major brake problems.

My brother's Stratus has been a real POS as well. He's gotten far better
service out of his cheap ugly 87 Mustang.

Anyway, no more Dodges for me - won't even consider it.

Old September 16th 05, 04:26 AM
charles irby

i have a 1998 DODGE NEON 160.800 its a GREAT CAR i love it never gives
me any trouble . and a 1993 DODGE DAKODA its a GREAT TRUCK its got 175.
I HAVE A 1968 PLYMOUTH its got 74. on it .you just cant beat a MOPAR

Dodge Picture(s) R. de Jong Dodge 0 April 12th 05 08:15 AM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 0 January 5th 05 02:49 PM