16V DUH! access to spark plugs-

Old March 27th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 16V DUH! access to spark plugs-

I got carried away spraying degreaser and now the shafts to my spark plugs
is overly full of fluid! DUH!

I can only think of two ways to get rid of the excess: 1. remove the plug
and let the cylinder get drenched, or 2. flood the shaft with water and
hope is cooks out???????

suggestions?? (be nice now!)

dan

Old March 27th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Pull the plugs and run the starter, blowing the excess degreaser out.

Old March 28th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

try to get an air hose with a trigger nozzel, most garages have them,
and just use air to blow it out, with the plugs in. If not that then
you can get air cans used for cleaning dust out of keyboards and
computer parts, I'm just not sure how much pressure they have.

Old March 28th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Ok. I got most of the liquid out of the plug shaft by carefully stuffing
paper towel into it. Unfortunately, degreaser soften, swells, and destroys
the plug boot! I now have to dig out the remains of a "jelly" like boot
pieces from the deepest part of the plug shaft.

df

Old March 29th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 16V DUH! THANKS All!!

Thanks for the ideas, all!
df

"freeman, daniel l." wrote:

> I got carried away spraying degreaser and now the shafts to my spark plugs
> is overly full of fluid! DUH!

Camaro spark plugs Mike Walsh Technology 4 January 5th 06 09:10 PM
Camaro spark plugs Mike Walsh General 3 December 28th 05 01:34 AM
Spark Plugs -- Heavy load of light gray and black deposits Jeff Strickland Jeep 2 November 26th 05 08:59 PM
Question Platium Spark Plugs Jason Honda 20 May 23rd 05 06:36 AM
Opinion - Spark plugs for '98 3.0 Voyager Ken Peterson Chrysler 24 March 20th 05 02:04 AM