tyre issue

Old June 6th 04, 09:51 PM
Tom Asselman

Default tyre issue

Hello,

After 45 000 km's with the factory Firestone Firehawks I'll soon have to buy
4 new tyres for my 156 Sportwagon.
I'd love a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's but I expect them to be too expensive.
Are they really worth the money?
Another option I'm considering are Pirelli P6000's (an alfa fits best with
italian tyres :-) )

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Old June 6th 04, 10:01 PM
SteveH

Tom Asselman > wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After 45 000 km's with the factory Firestone Firehawks I'll soon have to buy
> 4 new tyres for my 156 Sportwagon.
> I'd love a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's but I expect them to be too expensive.
> Are they really worth the money?
> Another option I'm considering are Pirelli P6000's (an alfa fits best with
> italian tyres :-) )
>
> Any suggestions?

I've read good things about Marangoni - if I could find anywhere with
them in stock, I'd try them.

But P6000s are my favourite tyres, so I'd go with that if you can afford
it.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Nissan Primera 2.0SLXi - COSOC KOTL
Old June 6th 04, 10:27 PM
Alfistagj

Do yourself a favor.
Calculate the tyres of the various tyre brands by the km you use them.
4 Tyres like Firestone (boy do I hate them) will cost you 300-400 euro
(0,0067-0,0089ct/km)
Real tyres like Michelin/Goodyear/Dunlop will cost you 400-500 euro
(0,0089-0,011ct/km)
What's the difference?
If Pirelli's go for the P7000 but bear in mind they are quite noisy.
I have good experience with Goodyear Eagle F1 as well as Dunlop SP9000.
Please check the various websites for the latest modells as tyre shops
sometime have nice offers for old tyres!!
I.e. Goodyear Eagle F1 latest version is the GS-D3
Dunlop latest version is the SP Sport Maxx
But also your tyre size is important when making a brand/type choise.

Also check the load index; also there the tyre shop mess up .
1.6/1.8/2.0/2.4JTD need 88V (=560kg / >210kmh)
1.9JTD needs 88H (=560kg / <210kmh)
V6 needs 91W (615kg / <270kmh)
You can go "higher" on the index not lower!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Tom Asselman" > schreef in bericht

Old June 7th 04, 09:04 AM
Neuropean

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:51:59 GMT, "Tom Asselman"
> wrote:

=>Hello,
=>
=>After 45 000 km's with the factory Firestone Firehawks I'll soon
have to buy
=>4 new tyres for my 156 Sportwagon.
=>I'd love a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's but I expect them to be too
expensive.
=>Are they really worth the money?
=>Another option I'm considering are Pirelli P6000's (an alfa fits
best with
=>italian tyres :-) )
=>
=>Any suggestions?
=>
=>Thanks in advance
=>Tom
=>

Tom,
best tyres I've had so far. Grip is incrrrrrredible, especially on
wet. Not too noisy and frankly, way more trustworthy than the
Firestone. I don't know about durability though, Firestones are hard
to beat on that level (I've changed a pair at 55000 and the other pair
at 75000 km). For now I've had the GSD3 for 25.000km and no complaint
from me!

Considering price, check http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ and compare
regularly, depending on the week they sometimes drop the prices
radically.
they're at 165Euro each now. I bought two on the same site a couple of
weeks ago and paid 103 Euro each.... Ordered on a thursday evening,
delivered on monday morning.
But then, you must find someone that agrees to fit the tyres you have
bought somewhere else.....

Neuropean
Old June 7th 04, 05:31 PM
Tom Asselman

thanks for the suggestions.
Price is no longer an issue since I get a 35% discount at the tyre store (my
father arranged that one for me, he's a good customer over there) :-)))

now the thing is, the guy from the tyre shop told me to go for the Eagle
F1's because Pirelli will soon stop producing the P7000's to replace them by
P7's???
I thought it was the other way around, P7000 replacing P7 ??

Old June 8th 04, 09:21 PM
Alfistagj

The old P7 name is back!!!

Tyre Advice, Please. Ross Alfa Romeo 11 June 4th 04 04:17 PM
Tyre profile Steve Hill Alfa Romeo 4 June 4th 04 07:12 AM
Alfa 164 Tyre Pressures - Info needed Tom Boltwood Alfa Romeo 5 April 30th 04 11:06 PM
Tyre problems ... Frank Lenaerts Alfa Romeo 2 April 26th 04 06:16 PM