Did I get taken?

Old June 21st 05, 05:58 AM
The Real Bev

Bob Ward wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:24:32 -0700, The Real Bev
> > wrote:
>
> >Rod Speed wrote:

> >> Harder when the car is basically undrivable with a very obvious problem.

> >A powerless-steering car is difficult to turn, but otherwise perfectly
> >driveable. When my POS 78 Caddy blew a rod we pushed it 80 miles or so on the
> >freeway, the hardest part of which was the sharp uphill turn into the driveway
> >which turned out OK.
> >
> >Rolling down Cajon pass with no lights or engine at 2:00 am is a real kick!

> I think I know why you like AAA with the plus membership, now.

Indeed. Daughter's regular membership got us towed to the local station, but
extreme measures were needed to get it home. Then we decided to send it to
the knackers we had to push it to El Monte on the freeway. Hint: An old tire
tied to the front of the pushing vehicle and/or the back of the pushed vehicle
makes things a lot less stressful.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 21st 05, 06:05 AM
The Real Bev

Rod Speed wrote:

> The Real Bev > wrote in
> message ...
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> George Grapman > wrote

> >> Harder when the car is basically undrivable with a very obvious problem.

> > A powerless-steering car is difficult to turn, but otherwise perfectly
> > driveable.

> The OP said

Pretty wimpy, if you ask me. A 78 deVille has got to be harder to steer than
a 97 Chevy Cavalier, whatever that is, and I'm a gurl.

> > When my POS 78 Caddy blew a rod we pushed it 80 miles
> > or so on the freeway, the hardest part of which was the
> > sharp uphill turn into the driveway which turned out OK.

> > Rolling down Cajon pass with no lights
> > or engine at 2:00 am is a real kick!

> Pfft, you wanna try it in a landrover with no brakes at all, a coupla ton of
> soil samples, etc etc etc, much bigger drop than that. Pure doddle ya wimp.

Without brakes you should have the vehicles attached, with the pushing vehicle
capable of stopping both in a pinch. We've done that too. And another
interesting kludge: When we brought the monsterhome home it had fuel pump
problems and we couldn't get up out of a railroad underpass. Solution:
feeding in shots of starting fluid until we got out of the hole. And then
there was the other fuel pump problem which involved me sitting in the back
with a 5-gallon can of gas on my lap with a siphon hose running down to the
carb.

You candy-ass younguns got it way too easy.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 21st 05, 06:22 AM
The Real Bev

Gary Heston wrote:
> The Real Bev > wrote:
>
> What Daniel is saying is that the power steering racks used on the '95
> through '05 Cavalier are the same part. They're also used on a number
> of other GM cars (Pontiac Grand Am and Buick Skylark, for example), so the
> dealer _not_ having one in stock is somewhat suprising.

Ah, that's very different. Yes, surprising.

> No need to keep any defective parts around--they take way too much
> storage space and make a terrible mess, anyway.
>
> >It's not that they're honest, it just isn't practical.

> Dealers have gotten a rotten (well earned) reputation in recent
> decades. Most people I know consider them an absolute last resort.

In spades. Locally, the Cadillac dealer convinced the corrupt city council to
condemn a number of small businesses so they could expand their parking area.

Hang them all.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 21st 05, 06:37 AM
wqq

Sherman L. Cahal > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Sherman L. Cahal > wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Troll.

>> ****wit.

>>> SP's got a point.

>> Not with the particular claim I chose to comment on there, ****wit.

> And that would be?

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to
work out that it was the particularly silly comment that

> All you did was flame him with no basis for your point whatsoever.

Lie.

Its still in the quoting, ****wit.

> Mind to clue us in on more?

Not even possible with those as utterly clueless as you.

And just how many of you are there between those ears ?

>>> Why would you put that much money into a
>>> vehicle that is only worth less than $2,000?

>> Makes a hell of a lot more sense to spend a hell of a lot
>> less than he got gouged for with a car with that value.

> Rule of thumb, do not spend 60% of your car's value to repair
> it unless it is covered by insurance and your rates do not go up.

Irrelevant to the particularly stupid claim I chose to comment on.

>> It aint rocket science.

>>> Unless you are personalizing it, there is no need to do major
>>> repairs when you can get a new or a much better quality
>>> used vehicle for a hellva lot cheaper -- and ones that runs!

>> Separate issue entirely to the puerile ****
>> he spewed that I choose to comment on.

>>> Go get a Honda or Toyota used.

>> He didnt even say that, ****wit.

> Chevrolet vehicles have a higher rate of breaking
> down, was my point, than Toyota or Honda vehicles.

Irrelevant to you making a very spectacular fool of yourself about
the comment I chose to make on his particularly silly comment.

> Welcome to my ignore list.

That aint gunna save your bacon, ****wit.

<reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old
could leave for dead flushed where it belongs>

Old June 21st 05, 06:38 AM
George Grapman

Rod Speed wrote:
> George Grapman > wrote in message
> . com...
>

>>Anytime that I have moved I have done something like the following-loosen
>>battery cable or radiator cap. Tell mechanic I am having trouble starting car
>>or it is overheating.

>>The diagnosis tells you all you need to know.

> Harder when the car is basically undrivable with a very obvious problem.

My point, which eluded you, is to follow my suggestion before you
have a problem. Actually, I meant "you" in the generic sense rather than
the personal sense as these matters do not apply to you and your tricycle.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell
Old June 21st 05, 06:38 AM
Rod Speed

Woopy ****ing do.

Old June 21st 05, 06:44 AM
Rod Speed

The Real Bev > wrote in
message ...
> Rod Speed wrote
>> The Real Bev > wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> A powerless-steering car is difficult to
>>> turn, but otherwise perfectly driveable.

>> The OP said

> Pretty wimpy, if you ask me.

Irrelevant to whether trying what the crapchild proposed is feasible for him.

> A 78 deVille has got to be harder to steer than a
> 97 Chevy Cavalier, whatever that is, and I'm a gurl.

Obvious lie. You're actually a raddled old bag with rather pathetic
viking fantasys, do doubt a result of your gross drug abusing past.

>>> When my POS 78 Caddy blew a rod we pushed it 80 miles
>>> or so on the freeway, the hardest part of which was the
>>> sharp uphill turn into the driveway which turned out OK.

>>> Rolling down Cajon pass with no lights
>>> or engine at 2:00 am is a real kick!

>> Pfft, you wanna try it in a landrover with no brakes at all, a coupla ton of
>> soil samples, etc etc etc, much bigger drop than that. Pure doddle ya wimp.

> Without brakes you should have the vehicles attached,

Wota wimp.

> with the pushing vehicle capable of stopping both in a pinch.

Wota wimp.

> We've done that too. And another interesting kludge: When
> we brought the monsterhome home it had fuel pump problems
> and we couldn't get up out of a railroad underpass. Solution:
> feeding in shots of starting fluid until we got out of the hole.

Pfft, nothing special.

> And then there was the other fuel pump problem which
> involved me sitting in the back with a 5-gallon can of gas
> on my lap with a siphon hose running down to the carb.

Pfft, nothing special.

You wanna try some of the places I've been to where there
is no hope of any assistence what so ever ever showing up.
If you cant fix the problem yourself, they'll find the corpse.

> You candy-ass younguns got it way too easy.

I'm older than you thanks.

Old June 21st 05, 06:55 AM
MC Pee Pants

Poopy ****ing doo-doo?

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

Old June 21st 05, 07:28 AM
Rod Speed

George Grapman > wrote in message
. com...
> Rod Speed wrote
>> George Grapman > wrote

>>> Anytime that I have moved I have done something like the following-loosen
>>> battery cable or radiator cap. Tell mechanic I am having trouble starting
>>> car or it is overheating.

>>> The diagnosis tells you all you need to know.

>> Harder when the car is basically undrivable with a very obvious problem.

> My point, which eluded you,

Wrong. As always.

> is to follow my suggestion before you have a problem.

Not even practical. A mechanic that is capable of working that
sort of basic stuff out isnt necessarily going to be that great at
a major repair like the one being discussed on value for money.

And may not even be around anymore when the power steering fails.

<reams of puerile sales ****wit **** flushed where it belongs>

Old June 21st 05, 08:41 AM
Bob Ward

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:58:55 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>Indeed. Daughter's regular membership got us towed to the local station, but
>extreme measures were needed to get it home. Then we decided to send it to
>the knackers we had to push it to El Monte on the freeway. Hint: An old tire
>tied to the front of the pushing vehicle and/or the back of the pushed vehicle
>makes things a lot less stressful.

Did they offer you enough more to deliver it to the wrecking yard not
running to make it worth risking your life and countless others
pushing a disabled car on the freeway? The pennysaver, greensheet and
recycler are filled with ads from wreckers who will pick up your
disabled car and still give you a few bucks for your trouble.