Have you fallen for the terror plot in the skies story ?

Old August 20th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Default Have you fallen for the terror plot in the skies story ?

223rem wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
>
> > This is simply not a viable explosive to make in an airliner toilet ! Not only does it
> > require collection of the precipitate from solution but then it has to be dried too.

> The precipitate explodes even when wet (it's a very unstable molecule,
> does not need oxigen from the air to explode)
>
> > To make this in the kind of quantity required to down an airliner would require the
> > simultaneous use of all the toilets on board for that purpose for hours on end with a
> > regular supply of chemicals being passed in and strange as it may seem, I think
> > someone might notice that !

> Nope. It's a fast reaction. 2 or 3 liters of NH3 and maybe half a kg of
> I2 would result in a hell of an explosion.
>
> Anyway, nobody claimed that the Muslim bombers' plot was perfect. The
> point is that they are trying, as the recently discovered 'martyrdom'
> video recordings demonstrate.

And what makes you think that they were anything more than a bunch of bored alienated kids
fed up wuth seeing USA troops killing their brethren on TV every day ?

Their 'plot' never had a hope of ever working anyway .

Graham

Old August 20th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Eeyore wrote:

> Floyd Rogers wrote:

>> What the hell does this have to do with "driving". Crap postings like this
>> might well lead people to believe you're a troll.

> It might also lead ppl to consider that I'm concerned as to where certain
> foreign policies are leading to.

Still, that's not really on topic for this group. If it doesn't have
something to do with driving, then just add the OT: prefix to the
subject line.
Old August 20th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
>
> > Floyd Rogers wrote:

> >> What the hell does this have to do with "driving". Crap postings like this
> >> might well lead people to believe you're a troll.

> > It might also lead ppl to consider that I'm concerned as to where certain
> > foreign policies are leading to.

> Still, that's not really on topic for this group. If it doesn't have
> something to do with driving, then just add the OT: prefix to the
> subject line.

My apologies in that regard. I should have done. It was an oversight.

Graham

Old August 20th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"Eeyore" > wrote
> Floyd Rogers wrote:

> By all means ignore it and enjoy your V8 or whatever while the fuel's
> still
> cheap enough for you to fill the tank without having to think about it.
>
> Graham

Ad hominem attacks like this also lend credence to your trollish
characterization.
1) the biggest engine we have is a 3.4L V6 in a Toyota pickup.
2) If you *REALLY* want to help combat global warming, contribute to
http://www.climatesolutions.org/ I do - and I challenge you to meet my
contribution level of $1000 per year.

Up yours, asshole.

FloydR

Old August 20th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

Eeyore wrote:

> And what makes you think that they were anything more than a bunch of bored alienated kids

They are a bunch of wanna be mass murderers

> fed up wuth seeing USA troops killing their brethren on TV every day ?

I thought they were 'Britons' and that their bretheren were their
fellow
citizens? You mean to say that they're Muslims first and Britons last?

> Their 'plot' never had a hope of ever working anyway .

You'd have said the same about 9/11.

Old August 20th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote
> "Eeyore" > wrote
>> Floyd Rogers wrote:

>> By all means ignore it and enjoy your V8 or whatever while the fuel's
>> still
>> cheap enough for you to fill the tank without having to think about it.
>>
>> Graham

> Ad hominem attacks like this also lend credence to your trollish
> characterization.
> 1) the biggest engine we have is a 3.4L V6 in a Toyota pickup.
> 2) If you *REALLY* want to help combat global warming, contribute to
> http://www.climatesolutions.org/ I do - and I challenge you to meet my
> contribution level of $1000 per year.
>
> Up yours, asshole.

My apologies for the invective on the previous line.
Tit-for-tat is improper and contrary to the spirit of my postings in this
thread.

FloydR

Old August 20th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Floyd Rogers wrote:

> "Eeyore" > wrote
> > Floyd Rogers wrote:

> > By all means ignore it and enjoy your V8 or whatever while the fuel's
> > still
> > cheap enough for you to fill the tank without having to think about it.
> >
> > Graham

> Ad hominem attacks like this also lend credence to your trollish
> characterization.

Didn't look like much of an 'attack' to me.

> 1) the biggest engine we have is a 3.4L V6 in a Toyota pickup.

The biggest I've ever had is a 2.0l I4 ( turbo ) . Not exactly slow either !

> 2) If you *REALLY* want to help combat global warming, contribute to
> http://www.climatesolutions.org/ I do - and I challenge you to meet my
> contribution level of $1000 per year.
>
> Up yours, asshole.

Your foul mouth is noted. It seems to be a characteristic response of many
Americans for even the tiniest hint of criticism of their profligate lifestyle.

Graham

Old August 20th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

223rem wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> >
> > And what makes you think that they were anything more than a bunch of bored alienated kids

> They are a bunch of wanna be mass murderers

That's only an allegation.

> > fed up wuth seeing USA troops killing their brethren on TV every day ?

> I thought they were 'Britons' and that their bretheren were their
> fellow
> citizens? You mean to say that they're Muslims first and Britons last?

It's quite common I gather that they see themselves as Moslem first and British second AIUI.

> > Their 'plot' never had a hope of ever working anyway .

> You'd have said the same about 9/11.

Certainly not. That was clearly a very clever way to get round the security then being applied.

Graham

Old August 21st 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"Eeyore" > wrote
> Floyd Rogers wrote:

>> 2) If you *REALLY* want to help combat global warming, contribute to
>> http://www.climatesolutions.org/ I do - and I challenge you to meet my
>> contribution level of $1000 per year.
>>
>> Up yours, asshole.

> Your foul mouth is noted. It seems to be a characteristic response of many
> Americans for even the tiniest hint of criticism of their profligate
> lifestyle.

See, this is why you look trollish: you make a comment on a statement
I had already retracted and apologized for. Makes it look like a) you
just want to score brownie points, b) you don't know how to use your
newsreader, or c) you just want to ignore anything that you don't care
about.

I notice you haven't taken me up on my challenge, either. Which tells
me you really don't care about global warming.

FloydR

Old August 21st 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Floyd Rogers wrote:

> "Eeyore" > wrote
> > Floyd Rogers wrote:

> >> 2) If you *REALLY* want to help combat global warming, contribute to
> >> http://www.climatesolutions.org/ I do - and I challenge you to meet my
> >> contribution level of $1000 per year.
> >>
> >> Up yours, asshole.

> > Your foul mouth is noted. It seems to be a characteristic response of many
> > Americans for even the tiniest hint of criticism of their profligate
> > lifestyle.

> See, this is why you look trollish: you make a comment on a statement
> I had already retracted and apologized for.

I regret I hadn't seen that or I wouldn't have so repsonded.

> Makes it look like a) you
> just want to score brownie points, b) you don't know how to use your
> newsreader, or c) you just want to ignore anything that you don't care
> about.
>
> I notice you haven't taken me up on my challenge, either.

Sorry, remind me, I've been very busy. Of the above..... I don't currently have
any 'spare' cash and I don't see why I should contribute to a US outfit.

> Which tells me you really don't care about global warming.

Oh, I certainly care. I'm not convinced we know the real cause just yet though.

Graham

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Simulators 1 December 20th 04 01:23 PM
eScrew [email protected] Driving 0 December 20th 04 10:52 AM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 10:50 PM