For Sale: 1968 Dodge Polara show winner, must see photos / rare classic

Old August 5th 07, 06:26 AM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
[email protected]

Default For Sale: 1968 Dodge Polara show winner, must see photos / rare classic

1968 Dodge Polara, Vintage Classic, rare and unspoiled vehicle with
318 engine and two 4-barrel carbs!

Check out dubdubdub my dodge polara dot com

More...

1968 Dodge Polara, Classic Muscle Car -- Street Modified Show Winner!
You will not find a Dodge Polara in better condition! Everything has
been handcrafted in fine detail. The original owner is selling because
he needs room to fit new projects. In fact, he is the only one who has
sat in it since the complete interior was redone!

What is the value of this incredible machine? Who knows? But it is
worth every cent! Cars like this are going for 25, 30, 40 or even
$50,000 on eBay and elsewhere, but you can experience the rush and
excitement of owning your own piece of history for only $19,888. The
countless hours refinishing, restoring and reconditioning alone is
worth more than your price for this rare vehicle. You really need to
see and hear this car!

What's included: take a look at the engine in this baby! It is a
rebuilt 318 with two four-barrel carburetors. Lots of chrome and
polished aluminum! Most everything is new or rebuilt. The brake and
fule lines are polished stainless steel and custom installed. It has
anew steering box, shocks, ball joints, tires, rim with knockoffs, all
new chrome bumpers custom designed and polished. The steering column
was rebuilt and the entire dash redone--everything works! Has tach and
guages under dash. Extra N.O.S. AM Radio available upon request. All
new rear drum brake parts and brand new stainless steel front disc
brakes. The exhaust system is new with 24 glass packs--all ceramic
coated. The exhaust was installed by RPM Mufflers in Hayward, CA. The
interior is completely new and custom designed for this car. You have
to see it! The trunk interior matches the rest of the car!

The dashboard was sent along with the arm rests to to "Just Dashes" in
Los Angeles; all new handles inside and out of the doors; custom
pinstriping throughout the inside and out of the car, even under the
hood--60's style cutout!

Here's the fine print: This car was specifically designed to show,
drive and enjoy! It is not a tire burner! It is a cruiser! Serious
buyers only! No low-ballers, tightwads, etc. If you have the cash and
want an incredible deal on a fantastic show car, well this is it! The
price has already been dropped for a fast sale; no tire kickers! The
vehicle is priced right, this is a final sale, as is, out the door
cash deal! No payments or special arraingements. Shipping will be up
to the buyer and payment in full must happen prior to making any
shipping plans.

Here's the way we're doing this: you send me an email stating your
interest with any questions, and I contact the actual owner when you
have been prequalified as a seriously interested buyer. No phone calls
until after we've established your level of interest and ability to
pay! Sorry for the requirements, but the internet is full of lookiloos
and car-curious lurkers. Thank you for your interest!

my dodge polara "dot" com

Thanks!

Erik

Old August 7th 07, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
Steve[_1_]

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE late 60's Polaras.

But the day a 318-powered anything other than a 'Cuda convertible or an
Andy Granatelli Indy car is worth 20k I'll eat my shorts.

Old August 14th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
[email protected]

have to disagree with you. This is a cruiser, not a drag racer. 90
MPH on freeway uphill, no problem! The fine details of putting
together a rare piece of machinery like this takes a lot of time and
effort. That is worth something. This baby is alltogether hotrod!

Thanks for your input however...

Erik
mydodgepolara.com
See the video --> http://www.mydodgepolara.com

Old August 14th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
rob

why the funky price with 888 on it?

and polaras were cruisers not muscle cars

oups.com...

Old August 15th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
John Mielke

Rob,
I think an asterisk is required here..... post-64 Polaras were cruisers.
There are plenty of 63 & 64 Polaras that qualify as 'Muscle Cars.'
John

Old August 15th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
rob

probably right. I was referring to his web site saying the 68 was a classic
muscle car.....

I'd take a 64 any day. hell ya.

Old August 15th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
John Mielke

My brother used to have a 318-powered '68 Polara back in the early 70's.
'Muscle Car' is not a term I'd use in describing it. On the other hand, my
friend had a '63 Polara with a 496" Hemi (currently living somewhere in
Arizona). That one definitely fits anybody's definition of a 'Muscle Car.'
Several stout Max Wedge '64's still running around the Motor City still as
well.

Old August 15th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

John Mielke added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> My brother used to have a 318-powered '68 Polara back in the
> early 70's. 'Muscle Car' is not a term I'd use in describing
> it. On the other hand, my friend had a '63 Polara with a 496"
> Hemi (currently living somewhere in Arizona). That one
> definitely fits anybody's definition of a 'Muscle Car.'
> Several stout Max Wedge '64's still running around the Motor
> City still as well.
> John

I am 2nd generation Chrysler, now retired myself. I spent 33
years in a wide variety of engineering and IT positions at all
grade levels in Chrysler engineering. So, besides a large number
of cars I've either bought or leased on the company car program,
plus many cars with all sorts of engines in them while on the
job, I can categorically say - my opinion, YMMV - that a 318 in
ANY C-Body car is so anemic as to be almost dangerous, almost as
bad as the 1st 2.2L K-Cars. You're trying to push around a 4200+
pound car with only 230 bhp, which might be around 150-160 net
hp. The power-to-weight for even the bhp was only around 18:1.

I had a number of 318s in smaller vehicles, sometimes because
there was no choice, e.g. 1981 Cordoba, 1976 Volare, 1978
LeBaron, etc. I DID buy a 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham with a
360 in it, but I ordered a 3.23 axle for it. I'd driven similar
cars at work and test-drove a car at the dealer with a 2.76.

So, personally, I wouldn't much want a 318 Polara, preferring a
383 2-barrel at least. But, as I said, that's my opinion and
your's obviously does vary.

Now, I've also driven EVERY performance car Chrysler made 1969-
1970, then Army, then 1972-1975 when I switched to IT. But, by
then, the muscle car era had ended. And, living here, I did the
so-called Woodward Avenue Grand Prix loop from the Totem Pole
drive-in in Royal Oak to Ted's Drive-In at Square Lake road and
watched these cars in action against the best from GM and Ford.
My personal observations were that a 383 Magnum was flatly non-
competitive on the street, I know, I had one in my 1970
Challenger R/T. Even the 440 Magnum was barely adequate against
an SS-396 or GTO 389, and no where near an SS-454 or a 455 Goat.
Again, in my opinion, it took a 440 Six Pack to beat these guys.

And, no, the 426 Street Hemi was NOT the car to beat on the
street. Drags, yes, street, no. Several reasons: most people
bought them with 3.23 gears because they needed to drive to work,
which is not a good ratio for the torque curve of the Hemi. More
important, though was that if the car had PB, it was almost a
day's work to get the booster off so you could pull the valve
covers and set the lash as well as replace the left rear plug.
Lots of guys didn't have the time or energy so they drove around
with with 4 anemic cylinders because of loose lash and one dead
cylinder with a fouled plug. But, 60-punch on I-75 with a
TorqueFlite was OWNED by the Hemi. That's not a good speed for
the 4-speed GM and Ford cars, but right at the torque peak of the
Hemi.

Unfortunately, I never drove a Max Wedge anything, was in H.S.
then. And, they didn't pass out drag race dual-quad short ram 426
Hemis for any yahoo to test spin.

> "rob" <me @mine.orgg> wrote in message
>> probably right. I was referring to his web site saying the
>> 68 was a classic muscle car.....
>>
>> I'd take a 64 any day. hell ya.
>>

>> "John Mielke" <mielkman at excite dot com> wrote in message
>>> Rob,
>>> I think an asterisk is required here..... post-64 Polaras
>>> were cruisers. There are plenty of 63 & 64 Polaras that
>>> qualify as 'Muscle Cars.' John

HP, aka Jerry
Old August 16th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Steve added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> wrote:
>
>> have to disagree with you. This is a cruiser, not a drag
>> racer. 90 MPH on freeway uphill, no problem! The fine
>> details of putting together a rare piece of machinery like
>> this takes a lot of time and effort. That is worth
>> something. This baby is alltogether hotrod!

> I agree with you 100% on all of the above statements (I own a
> '66 Polara, 440 2.93 highway gears, would run triple digits
> for 8 hours without breaking a sweat and the AC blowing
> frost). And I'm sure its a great car.

Isn't it just a tad dangerous to run 8 hours over 100 mph, not to
mention highly illegal? If you ever get busted by the State
Police, you won't get a ticket, you'll be cuffed and arrested. 20
or 25 over is considered reckless driving. That, possibly
combined with weaving lanes to get around the people who think
that 80 is fast will add to your problems, etc. Don't know where
you live, but it ain't the Autobahn!

> But a 318 C-body still doesn't command that kind of $$ in the
> market. Sorry. Neither does my Polara, and its a 383 car
> originally. Now if it were a pre-66 300 Letter car, or a
> Monaco 500 convertible.... different story.

This part I agree with. The only people who would want such a car
is someone who just wants a "classic" car at a reasonable price
that won't keep them repairing it all the time. I was cruising
again last night on Woodward Avenue (pre-cruise on Saturday
crusing) and saw a number of cars like the OP described. Nothing
wrong with it at all, just not an especially exciting car to
cruise in.

--
HP, aka Jerry