Can someone run a CARFAX for me?

Old July 8th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Can someone run a CARFAX for me?

Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508

Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.

Thanks a lot guys!

Old July 8th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Noozer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508
>
> Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.

Salvage

Old July 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

wrote in article
.com>...
> Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508
>
> Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.
>
> Thanks a lot guys!

Stolen.....or soon to be stolen!
Old July 8th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jul 8, 2:04 am, wrote:
> Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508
>
> Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.
>
> Thanks a lot guys!

OK - here's the scoop. From everything I've seen the car is in
perfect condition, so feel free to bid well in excess of the asking
price. Indeed it would appear to be such a creampuff, you should feel
comfortable bidding twice the asking price.

Old July 9th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 10:44 am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2:04 am, wrote:
>
> > Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508

> > Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.

> > Thanks a lot guys!

> OK - here's the scoop. From everything I've seen the car is in
> perfect condition, so feel free to bid well in excess of the asking
> price. Indeed it would appear to be such a creampuff, you should feel
> comfortable bidding twice the asking price.

i get it, you guys hate bronco's.

unfortunately there's nothing mechanically wrong with this one. Picked
it up for $220 CDN. Runs great, everything works, immaculate interior,
but just a few scratches or dings on the outside. We're primarily
going to use this as an off roading vehicle, not a daily driver.

My friend and I have been fans of bronco's for a long time, and
someone actually had the decency to run a carfax report, and privately
email it to me.

Old July 9th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jul 9, 1:55 am, wrote:
> On Jul 8, 10:44 am, "John S." > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 8, 2:04 am, wrote:

> > > Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508

> > > Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.

> > > Thanks a lot guys!

> > OK - here's the scoop. From everything I've seen the car is in
> > perfect condition, so feel free to bid well in excess of the asking
> > price. Indeed it would appear to be such a creampuff, you should feel
> > comfortable bidding twice the asking price.

> i get it, you guys hate bronco's.
>
> unfortunately there's nothing mechanically wrong with this one. Picked
> it up for $220 CDN. Runs great, everything works, immaculate interior,
> but just a few scratches or dings on the outside. We're primarily
> going to use this as an off roading vehicle, not a daily driver.
>
> My friend and I have been fans of bronco's for a long time, and
> someone actually had the decency to run a carfax report, and privately
> email it to me.

You are doing things ass-backwards my friend. By running the carfax
BEFORE buying the car you have information to base a purchase on. I
do have to ask this one simple question though - why would you think
that someone would be interested in spending their own money to run a
carfax report for a cheap person like you.

Old July 9th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"*" > wrote in message news:01c7c215$eb6f7340

> He'll learn when someone else uses the CARFAX report he generated under
> his
> own name for something illegal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You have made this sort of point before, but it made no sense to me then,
nor does
it now.

Why would a Carfax report give you information that you could use illegally,
when
anyone wanting to "clone" a VIN number could do it a lot easier than that.
Spot a car
on the street similar to the one you want to clone, write down the VIN
number and
do the illegal.

People who do this have little to fear because they sell a stolen car with a
falsified VIN
number to greedy people who want something for nothing. Then the huckster
is long
gone by the time the authorities catch up with the game, leaving the new
"owner" with
a hole in his bank account and no car.

Carfax is not an instrument of this scam, unless you know more about it than
you have
divulged to date.

Old July 9th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

wrote:
> On Jul 8, 10:44 am, "John S." > wrote:
>> On Jul 8, 2:04 am, wrote:
>>
>>> Vin: 1FMCU14T9KUA64508
>>> Its an 89 Ford Bronco II.
>>> Thanks a lot guys!

>> OK - here's the scoop. From everything I've seen the car is in
>> perfect condition, so feel free to bid well in excess of the asking
>> price. Indeed it would appear to be such a creampuff, you should feel
>> comfortable bidding twice the asking price.

> i get it, you guys hate bronco's.
>
> unfortunately there's nothing mechanically wrong with this one. Picked
> it up for $220 CDN. Runs great, everything works, immaculate interior,
> but just a few scratches or dings on the outside. We're primarily
> going to use this as an off roading vehicle, not a daily driver.
>
> My friend and I have been fans of bronco's for a long time, and
> someone actually had the decency to run a carfax report, and privately
> email it to me.

Well, the last person to post a carfax report just plain didn't believe
it when it said it has liens on it and was sent to salvage in another
state then sold to get a new title in yet another state to try and lose
the paper trail so the repo man can't come and take it back for the
'real' owner or lien holder, so....

How can you use a Carfax report on a Canadian car? They are American
aren't they?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Jan/06
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2115147590
Old July 10th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tim B

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
g.com...
> wrote:

> >> OK - here's the scoop. From everything I've seen the car is in
> >> perfect condition, so feel free to bid well in excess of the asking
> >> price. Indeed it would appear to be such a creampuff, you should feel
> >> comfortable bidding twice the asking price.

> > i get it, you guys hate bronco's.
> >
> > unfortunately there's nothing mechanically wrong with this one. Picked
> > it up for $220 CDN. Runs great, everything works, immaculate interior,
> > but just a few scratches or dings on the outside. We're primarily
> > going to use this as an off roading vehicle, not a daily driver.
> >
> > My friend and I have been fans of bronco's for a long time, and
> > someone actually had the decency to run a carfax report, and privately
> > email it to me.
> >

> Well, the last person to post a carfax report just plain didn't believe
> it when it said it has liens on it and was sent to salvage in another
> state then sold to get a new title in yet another state to try and lose
> the paper trail so the repo man can't come and take it back for the
> 'real' owner or lien holder, so....
>
> How can you use a Carfax report on a Canadian car? They are American
> aren't they?

That last person who posted a Carfax report provided a link with his carfax
id. I checked out his report, then out of curiosity, entered my own VIN. I
got a report, and it even showed some of the service history, like oil
changes and such done by the previous owner. I bought the car when I lived
in Ontario but now I live in BC. The report shows my registration renewals
in BC as well.

need carfax Audrey[_3_] Technology 2 May 11th 07 07:34 PM
CarFAX Please! LoTekGuru Ford Mustang 0 November 28th 05 10:40 PM
carfax D.K.R. Ford Mustang 1 August 8th 05 08:05 PM
Carfax Please Vuestra Merced BMW 2 June 14th 05 12:48 AM
Carfax Defiant Ford Mustang 0 May 19th 05 04:34 AM