Is my car salvaged?? URGENT

Old July 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
lovegoogle

Default Is my car salvaged?? URGENT

Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at
Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said
sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I
live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New
Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I
called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale
cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting
an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't
want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did
disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them
they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many
Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean
title from Arizona too. Thank you!!

Please click here then scroll down
http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...6YD9bDgDaCTSi3

Old July 5th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.

No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.

You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
for it around here, sometimes a bit more.

Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
states to confuse the DMV paper trail?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...

Old July 5th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
g.com...
> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.
>
> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because it
> cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.
>
> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00 for
> it around here, sometimes a bit more.
>
> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple states
> to confuse the DMV paper trail?

Holy ****.....

Are other people as paranoid about this stuff as I am??
Man, I was already spooked enough to always go new, and hold it forever.
Now I"m more spooked.
All the homework the OP did, too....

My thing is, I"m too lazy to really cover my ass.
So I go new... and even then.... the fukn dealer on my Honda Fit tried to
sneak in the destination charge TWICE!
Mutha****as....
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Old July 6th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
lovegoogle

On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.
>
> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
> it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.
>
> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
> for it around here, sometimes a bit more.
>
> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
> states to confuse the DMV paper trail?
>
> Mike
> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>

> lovegoogle wrote:
> > Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at
> > Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said
> > sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I
> > live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New
> > Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I
> > called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale
> > cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting
> > an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't
> > want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did
> > disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them
> > they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many
> > Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean
> > title from Arizona too. Thank you!!

> > Please click here then scroll down
> >http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...q56JsqxK6z...- Hide quoted text -

But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
dealer would reply.

Old July 6th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

lovegoogle wrote:
> On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
>> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.
>>
>> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
>> it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.
>>
>> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
>> for it around here, sometimes a bit more.
>>
>> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
>> states to confuse the DMV paper trail?
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
>> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>>

>> lovegoogle wrote:
>>> Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at
>>> Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said
>>> sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I
>>> live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New
>>> Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I
>>> called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale
>>> cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting
>>> an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't
>>> want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did
>>> disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them
>>> they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many
>>> Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean
>>> title from Arizona too. Thank you!!
>>> Please click here then scroll down
>>> http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...q56JsqxK6z...- Hide quoted text -

> But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
> That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
> mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
> dealer would reply.

It may have been list as a salvage vehicle AT the auction ONLY. If it
had never been reported as scrap or wrecked to the DMV then the title
would be clear. Some vehicles get put up for auctions as salvage IF they
are high mileage, poor trades, blown engine/trans, vehicles that are
poor sales items. They were never wrecked but could cost more than
wholesale cost to rebuild or may be sold just for the parts.
Personally I wouldn't worry about it IF the vehicle is in good shape,
and has a warrantee.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Old July 6th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
PauL

lovegoogle wrote:

> On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> > If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.
> >
> > No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
> > it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.
> >
> > You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
> > for it around here, sometimes a bit more.
> >
> > Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
> > states to confuse the DMV paper trail?
> >
> > Mike
> > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
> > Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> > Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> > (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
> >

> > lovegoogle wrote:
> > > Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at
> > > Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said
> > > sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I
> > > live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New
> > > Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I
> > > called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale
> > > cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting
> > > an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't
> > > want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did
> > > disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them
> > > they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many
> > > Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean
> > > title from Arizona too. Thank you!!

> > > Please click here then scroll down
> > >http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...q56JsqxK6z...- Hide quoted text -

> But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
> That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
> mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
> dealer would reply.

A place I once worked for used to buy salvage vehicles. They were strip
outs - missing seats, front ends, engines, etc. We would replace the
missing parts and resell them and hopefully make a few hundred on each
vehicle.
Old July 6th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

lovegoogle wrote:
> On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
>> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.
>>
>> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
>> it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.
>>
>> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
>> for it around here, sometimes a bit more.
>>
>> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
>> states to confuse the DMV paper trail?
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
>> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>>

>> lovegoogle wrote:
>>> Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at
>>> Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said
>>> sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I
>>> live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New
>>> Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I
>>> called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale
>>> cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting
>>> an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't
>>> want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did
>>> disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them
>>> they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many
>>> Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean
>>> title from Arizona too. Thank you!!
>>> Please click here then scroll down
>>> http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...q56JsqxK6z...- Hide quoted text -

> But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
> That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
> mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
> dealer would reply.

Where was it registered 'before' MN?

I have worked in car lots and been to auctions and believe me a
'salvage' vehicle is usually sold for parts because it is worth no money
as it sits.

If it was listed as an insurance write off so the owner got his full
value for it and a wrecker paid fifty or so for it, fixed whatever and
tried to sucker someone by selling it as 'whole' again by flipping states.

They do that here in Canada too because the different provinces are not
linked for DMV data.

I had one friend bring me 4 different cars to look at and 'all' of them
had 'serious' extensive repairs done, the paint as still wet on one that
'had never been in a accident'. Every freaking one had only been
registered in this province for a short time and they were to a leasing
company or it's owner.

Good Luck!

Mike
Old July 6th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
lovegoogle

On Jul 6, 6:53 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> lovegoogle wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> >> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.

> >> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
> >> it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.

> >> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
> >> for it around here, sometimes a bit more.

> >> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
> >> states to confuse the DMV paper trail?

> >> Mike
> >> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> >> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
> >> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> >> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> >> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

> > But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
> > That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
> > mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
> > dealer would reply.

> Where was it registered 'before' MN?
>
> I have worked in car lots and been to auctions and believe me a
> 'salvage' vehicle is usually sold for parts because it is worth no money
> as it sits.
>
> If it was listed as an insurance write off so the owner got his full
> value for it and a wrecker paid fifty or so for it, fixed whatever and
> tried to sucker someone by selling it as 'whole' again by flipping states.
>
> They do that here in Canada too because the different provinces are not
> linked for DMV data.
>
> I had one friend bring me 4 different cars to look at and 'all' of them
> had 'serious' extensive repairs done, the paint as still wet on one that
> 'had never been in a accident'. Every freaking one had only been
> registered in this province for a short time and they were to a leasing
> company or it's owner.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Mike- Hide quoted text -

Please read the Carfax report link I put on my question. It was reg in
CA. first then auction in NM then Here in AZ. I still don't have a
clear answer. http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...YM9mq56JsqxK6z...

Old July 6th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
lovegoogle

On Jul 6, 6:53 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> lovegoogle wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 9:12 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> >> If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.

> >> No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because
> >> it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.

> >> You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00
> >> for it around here, sometimes a bit more.

> >> Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple
> >> states to confuse the DMV paper trail?

> >> Mike
> >> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> >> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
> >> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> >> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> >> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

> > But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
> > That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
> > mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
> > dealer would reply.

> Where was it registered 'before' MN?
>
> I have worked in car lots and been to auctions and believe me a
> 'salvage' vehicle is usually sold for parts because it is worth no money
> as it sits.
>
> If it was listed as an insurance write off so the owner got his full
> value for it and a wrecker paid fifty or so for it, fixed whatever and
> tried to sucker someone by selling it as 'whole' again by flipping states.
>
> They do that here in Canada too because the different provinces are not
> linked for DMV data.
>
> I had one friend bring me 4 different cars to look at and 'all' of them
> had 'serious' extensive repairs done, the paint as still wet on one that
> 'had never been in a accident'. Every freaking one had only been
> registered in this province for a short time and they were to a leasing
> company or it's owner.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Mike- Hide quoted text -

Also the car is an S model no air no power locks or windows no tilt
wheel very basic. I did add air since I bought it. I just want to know
if my warranty is good that is all that is on my mind it runs great
and has 29000 miles

Old July 6th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

lovegoogle wrote:
> On Jul 6, 6:53 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
>> lovegoogle wrote:
>>> But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title.
>>> That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still
>>> mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car
>>> dealer would reply.

>> Where was it registered 'before' MN?
>>
>> I have worked in car lots and been to auctions and believe me a
>> 'salvage' vehicle is usually sold for parts because it is worth no money
>> as it sits.
>>
>> If it was listed as an insurance write off so the owner got his full
>> value for it and a wrecker paid fifty or so for it, fixed whatever and
>> tried to sucker someone by selling it as 'whole' again by flipping states.
>>
>> They do that here in Canada too because the different provinces are not
>> linked for DMV data.
>>
>> I had one friend bring me 4 different cars to look at and 'all' of them
>> had 'serious' extensive repairs done, the paint as still wet on one that
>> 'had never been in a accident'. Every freaking one had only been
>> registered in this province for a short time and they were to a leasing
>> company or it's owner.
>>
>> Good Luck!
>>
>> Mike- Hide quoted text -

> Please read the Carfax report link I put on my question. It was reg in
> CA. first then auction in NM then Here in AZ. I still don't have a
> clear answer. http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...YM9mq56JsqxK6z...

More bad news!

It has liens registered against it too!

This car was written off and jumped around a $tealership network to
confuse the paper trail and maybe to try and lose the 'real' owner or
lien holder.

It was then written off as salvage in NM for whatever reason and a new
title had to be issued in 'another' state because it is ILLEGAL in New
Mexico to re-register a junk pile or 'salvage' vehicle.

I got this from the Carfax site, click on the 'salvage' link beside the
titles problem section for this above info.

You 'really' bought a bad vehicle, sorry.

salvaged title? Mike B BMW 17 January 23rd 07 10:31 PM
Need help (urgent)! [email protected] Driving 15 September 13th 06 04:39 AM
"Salvaged" 1991 535i - 131000 miles - questions. Ben Martin BMW 12 June 19th 06 08:48 PM
Help needed in selecting salvaged door frame and fender [email protected] Honda 1 March 30th 06 03:07 PM
totalled car questions - salvaged? smog check req to sell? beee General 0 January 29th 05 05:33 AM