1990 Jeep Cherokee hard starting issues

Old August 24th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jeep Guy

Default 1990 Jeep Cherokee hard starting issues

Hi, I have a little starting problem and running rough problem, but
the issue is weird, what happens is sometimes my Jeep will not start,
engine turns over, but won't fire up. I fiddled around under the hood
one day and twisted the injectors and the Jeep started! So I figured
it was the O-Ring seals, I replaced them and didn't have any problems
for a week or two, then it started all over again. Sometimes I can go
weeks without having this problem, sometimes I have to twist the
injectors everyday, specially when the Jeep has been sitting for a
while, usually an hour or so...

Also, sometimes my Jeep will run really rough and idle rough for a few
weeks then suddenly I can start it up and it will run smooth, usually
lasts a few weeks, then back to rough again, I cannot afford to have
it hooked to a diagnostic scope, so I am wondering if you may know
what could be causing either of these issues, Map Sensor? Cam Position
Sensor? Crankshaft Pos. Sensor? Etc???

Thanks for any help with this...

starting issues with '97 Jeep [email protected] Technology 3 August 27th 07 08:54 PM
Jeep Cherokee hard starting, part II Bud Jeep 5 March 14th 06 04:17 PM
1990 Cherokee Starting Issue [email protected] Technology 4 March 2nd 06 05:28 PM
Hard starting Cherokee SBlackfoot 4x4 7 March 6th 05 09:02 PM
1990 Cherokee hard to crank Jeff Falkiner Chrysler 4 October 22nd 04 04:36 AM