Problems! 2000 Caravan Sport and Infinity Sound

Old October 15th 04, 10:41 PM
Snydley

Default Problems! 2000 Caravan Sport and Infinity Sound

I removed the Infinity CD/Tape/Radio unit from my 2000 Caravan because the
CD player no longer works and I am attempting to replace it with an
aftermarket unit. I bought a dash adapter and wiring kit so I wouldn't have
to cut/splice any of the wires.
Now that I have it installed the rear speakers won't work. Wanting to rule
out bad rear channels in the receiver, I swapped the front and rear speaker
connections. The front speakers still work using the rear channels of the
receiver, so I know the receiver is ok, and it must be something with the
wiring. I tried to get continuity with my V/Ohm meter and couldn't get any
with the rear speakers.
As a last ditch effort, I went to the local Mopar garage and told the guy at
the service counter my story and he told me that "you can put an Infinity
receiver in a non-Infinity vehicle, but you can't put an aftermarket radio
in an Infinity equipped vehicle without replacing the speakers. Each speaker
has it's own amp on the back of it". By that I figured he meant a diode or
transformer of some kind.
Is there any way I can use the stock speakers? Remove the diode/transformer
or something.
What do people usually do in this instance?

Thanks,
Snydley

Old October 15th 04, 11:25 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Snydley wrote:

> receiver, so I know the receiver is ok, and it must be something with the
> wiring. I tried to get continuity with my V/Ohm meter and couldn't get any
> with the rear speakers.

So....find and fix the problem!

> the service counter my story and he told me that "you can put an Infinity
> receiver in a non-Infinity vehicle, but you can't put an aftermarket radio
> in an Infinity equipped vehicle without replacing the speakers. Each speaker
> has it's own amp on the back of it". By that I figured he meant a diode or
> transformer of some kind.

No, he means an amp.

Old October 15th 04, 11:25 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Snydley wrote:

> receiver, so I know the receiver is ok, and it must be something with the
> wiring. I tried to get continuity with my V/Ohm meter and couldn't get any
> with the rear speakers.

So....find and fix the problem!

> the service counter my story and he told me that "you can put an Infinity
> receiver in a non-Infinity vehicle, but you can't put an aftermarket radio
> in an Infinity equipped vehicle without replacing the speakers. Each speaker
> has it's own amp on the back of it". By that I figured he meant a diode or
> transformer of some kind.

No, he means an amp.

Old October 16th 04, 12:39 AM
Snydley

Hey asshole,
I don't need any crap like this from you. If you don't KNOW what the hell
the problem is , keep your ****in' comments to yourself when I write to this
group.

n.umich.edu...

Old October 16th 04, 12:39 AM
Snydley

Old October 16th 04, 01:55 AM
Bob Urz

Snydley wrote:
> I removed the Infinity CD/Tape/Radio unit from my 2000 Caravan because the
> CD player no longer works and I am attempting to replace it with an
> aftermarket unit. I bought a dash adapter and wiring kit so I wouldn't have
> to cut/splice any of the wires.
> Now that I have it installed the rear speakers won't work. Wanting to rule
> out bad rear channels in the receiver, I swapped the front and rear speaker
> connections. The front speakers still work using the rear channels of the
> receiver, so I know the receiver is ok, and it must be something with the
> wiring. I tried to get continuity with my V/Ohm meter and couldn't get any
> with the rear speakers.
> As a last ditch effort, I went to the local Mopar garage and told the guy at
> the service counter my story and he told me that "you can put an Infinity
> receiver in a non-Infinity vehicle, but you can't put an aftermarket radio
> in an Infinity equipped vehicle without replacing the speakers. Each speaker
> has it's own amp on the back of it". By that I figured he meant a diode or
> transformer of some kind.
> Is there any way I can use the stock speakers? Remove the diode/transformer
> or something.
> What do people usually do in this instance?
>
> Thanks,
> Snydley

A few rounds with google would have gave you your answer.
Search for "PAC OEM-1 adapter".

http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/oem1search.htm

Bob

Old October 16th 04, 01:55 AM
Bob Urz

Old October 16th 04, 02:31 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Snydley wrote:

> Hey asshole,
> I don't need any crap like this from you.

Then I suggest you not read my posts. I'm not about to stop making 'em.

Friendly greetings!

DS
Old October 16th 04, 02:31 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old October 16th 04, 03:39 AM
James C. Reeves

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
| On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Snydley wrote:
|
| > Hey asshole,
| > I don't need any crap like this from you.
|
| Then I suggest you not read my posts. I'm not about to stop making 'em.
|
| Friendly greetings!
|
| DS

Daniel, you're going to morph into a curmudgeon as you age if you are not
careful! ;-)