Need to find a cheap source of R-134a

Old March 6th 05, 05:13 AM
Jenny McGregor

Default Need to find a cheap source of R-134a

Hi, I will need to buy about 200-300 12 oz. cans of R-134a very shortly. I
don't want the 30 lb. cylinders, but individual cans. The brand is
irrelevant. I usually get them at Sam's Club for about $25 for a case of 12,
or at Wal-Mart for about $3.25 a can, but neither store has these since it
is still winter. They won't have them until later this spring.

Pep Boys wants around $5-$6 a can, but that is too expensive. Does anyone
know of a cheaper source?

Thanks!

Jenny M.

Old March 6th 05, 08:57 PM

Jenny McGregor wrote:
> Hi, I will need to buy about 200-300 12 oz. cans of R-134a very

shortly. I
> don't want the 30 lb. cylinders, but individual cans. The brand is
> irrelevant. I usually get them at Sam's Club for about $25 for a case

of 12,
> or at Wal-Mart for about $3.25 a can, but neither store has these

since it
> is still winter. They won't have them until later this spring.
>
> Pep Boys wants around $5-$6 a can, but that is too expensive. Does

anyone
> know of a cheaper source?

R134a is going up.. local Sam's Club was getting $60/case, and I would
have been happy to pay them for it. Someone came in about a month or
two ago and bought over $10k of R134a.. they haven't gotten any more in
yet.

Local parts store is $8.25 a can.. around $250 a 30lb.

Jim

cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 05:33 AM
Cheap Source for Tire Pressure Sensors Richard Chrysler 10 October 28th 04 03:01 AM
AD: Find the items you cant find + more brett Antique cars 0 February 24th 04 02:17 PM
You Can't Find Everything On The Net. orionfinderservices Antique cars 0 November 27th 03 03:46 PM