1983 Chevy C10 - Starter wiring

Old July 17th 05, 03:25 AM
jwt153

Default 1983 Chevy C10 - Starter wiring

I am putting this truck back together literally. The wiring hornes to the
starter goes where. There are two studs on the silonoid. Also where does
the red lead from the battery go to. Starter or Silonoid?

Old July 17th 05, 08:55 AM

The battery lead goes to the big terminal on the solenoid.
a wire from the ignition switch wiring (start position)
goes to the smaller terminal on the solenoid.
when the ignition is turned to "start"
the power goes to the solenoid and it pulls on, allowing the "battey" power
to go through the solenoid, out the little jumper bar to the starter.
ZOOOOMMM
old john

Hello, jwt153!
You wrote on Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:25:52 -0400:

j> I am putting this truck back together literally. The wiring hornes to
j> the starter goes where. There are two studs on the silonoid. Also where
j> does the red lead from the battery go to. Starter or Silonoid?

With best regards, . E-mail:

Old July 17th 05, 02:43 PM
Mike Romain

You sir are in trouble. I highly recommend you get a manual, even a
cheap Haynes has the wiring schematics.

The battery wire along with all the fuse link wires (8" or so wires with
loops on one end and big fat tube crimps on the other where they join
the harness) go onto the large solenoid bolt. The smaller wire(s) come
from the key and one may go to the coil go on the small post.

Good luck,

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 19th 05, 12:45 AM

What i just said.
old john

Hello, Mike!
You wrote on Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:43:54 -0400:

MR> The battery wire along with all the fuse link wires (8" or so wires
MR> with loops on one end and big fat tube crimps on the other where they
MR> join the harness) go onto the large solenoid bolt. The smaller wire(s)
MR> come from the key and one may go to the coil go on the small post.

MR> Good luck,

MR> Mike
MR> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
MR> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

MR> jwt153 wrote:
??>>
??>> I am putting this truck back together literally. The wiring hornes to
??>> the starter goes where. There are two studs on the silonoid. Also
??>> where does the red lead from the battery go to. Starter or Silonoid?

With best regards, . E-mail:

'68 Galaxie starter relay wiring [email protected] Technology 9 July 15th 05 11:13 AM
the starter and neurtral safety swich are good KingWalter Technology 12 February 13th 05 10:29 AM
4x4 chevy tow wiring bdawg44 4x4 1 December 31st 04 06:21 AM
74 Cutlass with starting problem Amanda Robin Antique cars 12 October 26th 04 02:46 AM
Starter Troubleshooting jls Saturn 1 June 12th 04 11:59 PM