New LCD monitor

Old July 3rd 05, 07:20 PM
Don Burnette

Default New LCD monitor

Hey all,

I am looking at replacing my 19" Sony crt with a new 19" lcd ( tft?)
monitor.

Seems like I recall someone in here mentioning good things about this
monitor:

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

Old July 3rd 05, 07:59 PM
redTed

> I am looking at replacing my 19" Sony crt with a new 19" lcd ( tft?)
> monitor.
>
> Seems like I recall someone in here mentioning good things about this
> monitor:
>
> Would appreciate any advice.

Which ever one you finally decide to get, make sure it has a stable platform
and preferably not on the same table as your steering wheel ! The stands on
these LCD's are usually pretty flimsy so, if I were you, get a sturdy
extension arm thingy that attaches to the wall and then it won't be affected
by any crazy driving
I nearly lost my new monitor after a brutal session of Nascar Legends the
other day. (don't ask, I just love those cars)

Old July 3rd 05, 08:46 PM
jwilson54

I have that monitor and love it.No ghosting at all,and the stand feels
sturdy no problems in that area.Think they're on sale now too

Old July 3rd 05, 10:16 PM
Paul Grunwald

"Don Burnette" > wrote in
:

> Hey all,
>
> I am looking at replacing my 19" Sony crt with a new 19" lcd ( tft?)
> monitor.
>
> Seems like I recall someone in here mentioning good things about this
> monitor:
>
> Would appreciate any advice.
>

> Thanks,

Don,

I've been very happy with my Dell 2001FP. It is fast enough for all the
games I play and there have been very good deals and coupons lately. See
http://www.techbargains.com and AnandTech hot deals forum:
http://forums.anandtech.com/categori...=40&entercat=y

There are also a bunch of review at Anand Tech:
http://www.anandtech.com/displays/

Best regards,
Paul
Old July 5th 05, 06:52 PM
Larry

Yep. I got one. Looks like you are catching it on the 'down-swing' of the
pricing pendulum too. Trust me, it varies. A lot

No bad pixels, works great it games, bright as hell (get the NEC Brightness
Control doohicky so you can have it set for 3d and 2d and not have to fiddle
with it).

It's not a great off-center LCD, so it's not great for large audiences
watching movies.

You'll have to provide your own pivot software if you use that feature.

No complaints or issues here.

-Larry

Old July 5th 05, 06:54 PM
Larry

I've had no such issues here, but then again I don't use a TV Tray as a desk

-Larry

Old July 6th 05, 02:22 AM
Don Burnette

Looks like a good one to get, thanks for the info!!

Now I just gotta convince myself to part with the money.

Don

Old July 7th 05, 02:58 PM
Bill Worrel

I agree this is a very good monitor if you're interested in a 20" and
1600x1200 native res. And at that native resolution, GTR, F1C and F4AF look
great.

Bill

7.136...

Old July 10th 05, 05:02 PM
Marc Collins

I would love to get a LCD panel to save space, but how do you all deal with
the pathetic views in non-native resolution? I can't even run all my racing
sims in one resolution let alone desktop apps as well! I haven't seen an
LCD panel yet that doesn't look like **** when it is outside its native
range. Am I missing something?

At least the response rates are now coming down to acceptable (4 to 8 ms) if
you are willing to spend $$$, but I still don't get how to resolve the
resolution quandary.

Marc