A/C pressure sticker E36

Old May 31st 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default A/C pressure sticker E36

Has anyone noticed that their A/C sticker on an E36 (mine anyway) says
1.82 - 0.05 lbs

Anyone know what these units mean? the low side should be around 30 PSI
shouldn't it?

1.82 - 0.05 ?????

My low side is at 30 with the high side at only around 120, I read
somewhere it should be up to as high as 160-180 ? I only get 50 degree
air. I have a new expansion valve on the way.

When I did a fill, I now notice my compressor almost makes what you
could call a chirping sound, I think I let liquid into it and fried it,
it does still work though, any thought?

Also, anyone know what A/C oil type BMW recomends?

Lastly, any good sources for BMW A/C manuals etc, or are the general
A/C manuals like haynes automotive A/C good enough, Bentley's doesn't
cover any service, only re + re.

Old May 31st 06, 02:48 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

BMW328is wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that their A/C sticker on an E36 (mine anyway) says
> 1.82 - 0.05 lbs
>
> Anyone know what these units mean? the low side should be around 30 PSI
> shouldn't it?
>
> 1.82 - 0.05 ?????

That is the WEIGHT of freon in the system. Factory fill is done by
weight, it's more accurate than by pressure.

Oil pressure wars; the saga continues Anthony W VW air cooled 0 May 18th 06 05:09 AM
Relieving Fuel System Pressure Ford Ranger Nehmo Technology 6 April 23rd 06 07:23 PM
Oil Pressure Assumptions..... Caprice85 Technology 15 March 27th 06 07:34 PM
Removing city sticker LenS Technology 13 October 4th 05 06:23 PM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM