blinking AC & recirc. lights on 98 Caravan

Old August 1st 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
mrs_p[_1_]

Default blinking AC & recirc. lights on 98 Caravan

After replacing the battery I ran the calibration diagnostics test to try
to correct the problem of the rear wiper/AC blinking light problem. The
test evidently failed because I am now left with the AC & recirculation
lights flashing simultaniously. (I'm pretty sure I ran the test correctly
according to future posts.) What do I do now?

Old August 1st 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"mrs_p" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> After replacing the battery I ran the calibration diagnostics test to try
> to correct the problem of the rear wiper/AC blinking light problem. The
> test evidently failed because I am now left with the AC & recirculation
> lights flashing simultaniously. (I'm pretty sure I ran the test correctly
> according to future posts.) What do I do now?

Does your a/c work? Did it blow really cold air before installing the
battery or does it not work (before battery was installed)?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 1st 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
mrs_p[_1_]

Everything work fine! I just have blinking AC/recirc. lights.

Old August 2nd 06, 01:10 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

You have to make sure that the engine is at operating temperature and the
slide control is at full cold with the blower on high and air coming out
of the front vents. If this procedure is not done correctly it will fail.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 2nd 06, 01:41 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
mrs_p[_1_]

When I ran the test the engine was at operating temp., the slide control at
cold and the blower on high. I made sure all the vents were open. I also
had the rear air on high, would this make any difference? Otherwise I
think I did everything correctly. I did notice that after about 20
minutes of driving the blinking quits, but returns to blinking the next
time I start up the van.

Old August 2nd 06, 07:48 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"mrs_p" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> When I ran the test the engine was at operating temp., the slide control

at
> cold and the blower on high. I made sure all the vents were open. I also
> had the rear air on high, would this make any difference? Otherwise I
> think I did everything correctly. I did notice that after about 20
> minutes of driving the blinking quits, but returns to blinking the next
> time I start up the van.
> ]

There are 2 tests to do, do both of these exactly as they read

Set Blower motor ON HIGH
Set Mode position to Panel
Open all A/C outlets
Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
Depress WASH and REAR WIPER button simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until all
LED's light)
All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds
Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT are alternately
flashing. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are alternately
flashing.
Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push Rear
Wiper to exit.
After all tests have passed, Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown can be run
separately.
COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY
Set Blower motor ON HIGH
Set Mode position to Panel
Open all A/C outlets
Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds

Old August 3rd 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
mrs_p

I ran the test a couple more times and still get the same result;
AC/recirculate lights end up flashing simultaneously. The air works fine
so do I just ignore the lights? Anyone have suggestions?

Old August 3rd 06, 10:13 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"mrs_p" <spothoven@email protected.com> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I ran the test a couple more times and still get the same result;
> AC/recirculate lights end up flashing simultaneously. The air works fine
> so do I just ignore the lights? Anyone have suggestions?

I just posted 2 tests to do, did your do both of them?

Old August 3rd 06, 01:46 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
mrs_p

Yes, I did both of them exactly like you said and still have the blinking
AC/recirc. lights.

Old August 4th 06, 10:15 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"mrs_p" <spothoven@email protected.com> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Yes, I did both of them exactly like you said and still have the blinking
> AC/recirc. lights.

Count how many times the lites flash between the pause and let me know.
Technically you will need a Scan tool to read faults from the control head