NSR Demo--why the strange resolution limitations?

Old January 25th 05, 12:09 AM
Marc Collins

Default NSR Demo--why the strange resolution limitations?

3D Setup ran as expected...set to 32 bit 1600x1200 like I do for all ISI
stuff The analyzer tested and accepted the settings. Go into game and
everything looks worse than NT2004 at the same settings...?? Then I start
reading about this 1280x960 business and I realise that's actually what mine
is displaying.

Hey, I'm Mr. Experience with sims (I like to think), so I go into the .ini
file and manually change the videomode so it's the same as all my other ISI
sims. Go into game. Same ****ty looking 1280x960 graphics, but with some
really scary lighting effect bugs as you round the track.

Oh well. Is there an explanation at least? All the older ISI stuff
worked/works perfectly at 1600x1200.

Marc

Marc Collins

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?

Old January 25th 05, 04:59 AM
David G Fisher

Steve B. posted this the other day:
-----------------
Hit the start button on your desktop and navigate to the 3D Setup icon for
NSR. Right click on it and choose "properties". In the "target" line of
the shortcut dialog box, add "+ allvideomodes" to the end of the 3DSetup.exe
shortcut. Be sure to leave a space before the +. Depending on where you
installed NSR, the shortcut target line should look like this:

Driveletter\program files\EA SPORTS\NASCAR SimRacing Demo\3DSetup.exe"
+allvideomodes
----------------------

My LCD monitor now runs in 1280x1024 32.

NSR looks really great on my system. I collected 20 screenshots to post for
those who are seeing poor graphics to compare to, but Comcast is not letting
me upload to their free space using MS FP.

--
David G Fisher

Old January 25th 05, 04:55 PM
MadDAWG

> NSR looks really great on my system. I collected 20 screenshots to post

for
> those who are seeing poor graphics to compare to, but Comcast is not

letting
> me upload to their free space using MS FP.

I have been having a PITA with FP and Comcast. One day it works the next it
doesn't. It all started about a week and half ago. Makes updating my league
site a hit or miss type of thing.

MadDAWG

Old January 26th 05, 02:18 AM
Marc Collins

But mine had all the resolutions to choose from available from the
outset...?

Marc

Old January 26th 05, 02:20 AM
Marc Collins

I re-ran the 3D Setup after playing with the settings manually in the .ini.
Chose 1600 x 1200 again. This time it actually looks like 1600 x 1200...but
if there is an improvement over NT2004 I can't see it.

Marc