WTB: Torsen Differential

Old June 1st 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default WTB: Torsen Differential

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a 3.636 Torsen diff? I would
like to install it into my Mazdaspeed MX5 now that I have given it the FM
"treatment".

TIA
Old June 1st 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Torsen Differential

"-" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I might be able to find a 3.636 Torsen diff? I
> would
> like to install it into my Mazdaspeed MX5 now that I have given it the FM
> "treatment".
>
> TIA

The 3.6 was never imported into the US. Maybe Canada. The 3.6 was used in
rear drive 626 cars and may fit the Miata rear.
Finding both 3.6 and a torsen is winning the lottery. Doesn't your MSM have
a torsen? If so you need only to find the 3.6 gears.

Old June 1st 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >, "-" >
wrote:

> Does anyone know where I might be able to find a 3.636 Torsen diff? I would
> like to install it into my Mazdaspeed MX5 now that I have given it the FM
> "treatment".

According to solomiata.com, it came in some Australian 6-speed MX-5s.
You might be able to order the gearset from a dealer to convert yours.

Wanna share your impressions of the FM treatment?

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis