PhatNoise playlist, random play

Old January 19th 05, 08:27 PM
Fabriceh

Default PhatNoise playlist, random play

Hi there,

I am considering the Phatnoise system for my Passat. I think I get how
it works and how you navigate through your content in the car.

What are the options for playing the content in the car ?
- can I prepare a playlist (on the PC) and have the system go through
it ?
- is random/shuffle play supported ? If so, how do you set the scope of
the random/shuffle fucntion (to be only the current folder, or the
current playlist, or the current genre, or the entire library, etc) ?
Thx in advance,

Fabriceh

Old January 19th 05, 11:12 PM
Erik Dillenkofer

Yes to the first question, the phatbox comes with software for ripping CDs to mp3s and for creating playlists. You can set up as
many playlists as you'd like and select the playlist to listen to ... you can also browse/play by artist, you can browse/play by
album, you can browse/play by genre.

The random (mix) feature plays tracks at random from the entire collection, I haven't found any other possibility (although the
phatbox.ini can be edited and there is a line in there about random play ... but I haven't deciphered or edited that portion of the
..ini file ... yet).

Old January 20th 05, 02:26 PM
TREE

Fabriceh > wrote:
: What are the options for playing the content in the car ?
: - can I prepare a playlist (on the PC) and have the system go through
: it ?

yes. You can have as many playlists as you want.

: - is random/shuffle play supported ? If so, how do you set the scope of
: the random/shuffle fucntion (to be only the current folder, or the
: current playlist, or the current genre, or the entire library, etc) ?

You can randomize either the entire magazine, or whatever list you are
currently in, which can include genres.

You can also set a flag on each playlist for whether you want it included
in the magazine random.

--
-TREE <abryant at eecs.tufts.edu>
I'm married to the most beautiful girl in the world.

PhatNoise Question JB VW water cooled 8 December 11th 04 04:21 PM
Intrepid '99 Steering wheel play JM Dodge 0 September 18th 04 09:27 PM
New A6 MMI - can it play MP3? jcb_digger Audi 0 September 9th 04 01:31 PM