NR2003 Ferrari 330 Classic mod

Old October 17th 04, 12:35 PM
Tony Rickard

Default NR2003 Ferrari 330 Classic mod

Haven't seen anything here about this (though I could have missed
something). Downloaded it last night and (for me) has the best (non Nascar)
feel with the NR2003 engine yet. Still in beta but has its own physics
including 5 speed boxes.

http://www.theuspits.com/sims/nascar_racing/330.html

Cheers
Tony

Old October 17th 04, 04:32 PM
Steve Smith

Thanks, Tony ... but if the illustration is any indication, shouldn't the
mod be called "330P"? (There were a number of Ferraris w. "330" in the
designation, both road & race cars; it refers to the individual cylinder
size of the Lampredi-designed 4-liter Ferrari V-12 ... but there's only one
330P - the GT prototype from the late 60s.)

k...

Old October 17th 04, 04:52 PM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Smith" > wrote in
:

> Thanks, Tony ... but if the illustration is any indication, shouldn't
> the mod be called "330P"? (There were a number of Ferraris w. "330"
> in the designation, both road & race cars; it refers to the individual
> cylinder size of the Lampredi-designed 4-liter Ferrari V-12 ... but
> there's only one 330P - the GT prototype from the late 60s.)
>
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> k...
>> Haven't seen anything here about this (though I could have missed
>> something). Downloaded it last night and (for me) has the best (non

> Nascar)
>> feel with the NR2003 engine yet. Still in beta but has its own
>> physics including 5 speed boxes.
>>
>> http://www.theuspits.com/sims/nascar_racing/330.html
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

I have no knowlege of the nomenclature of the time, but the mod does
feature two distinct cars, the closed top and the open cockpit. Does that
make a difference if the P is used or not?

dave henrie
Old October 17th 04, 05:14 PM
Tony Rickard

I think the full title is Ferrari 330 P4 Mod...

Old October 17th 04, 07:49 PM
David G Fisher

Hadn't heard a word about it here either. Tried it last night after reading
your post and liked it a lot. Lighter but a bit slower than the TA cars.
Handled great. Nice cockpit view too. I think you could have some tremendous
online races with this mod.

--
David G Fisher

Old October 18th 04, 03:04 AM
Tiny Lund

I tried it today. Really impressive given the limitations of NR2003. I think
the GPL65 Ferrari sounds are excellent! Hoping Achim can muster up a setup.
The three included need work I think. Hope to see some guys online.

--
Asus P4P800E
P4 3.0E

Old October 18th 04, 02:15 PM
Steve Smith

Hi Dave,

The 330P4 was avail in both open & closed top versions (the "roadster" was
simply missing a small sheet of aluminum covering the dome of the roof).
The 330P3 coupe ran in '66 (its first race was the Spa 24-hr., as I
remember), a year when Ferrari had its greatest success in sports cars with
the little 2-liter Dinos.

In the first race of '67 (Daytona 24-hr.), the mighty Ford Mk. IVs all
busted their trannies, and the new P4s were first and second (a re-engined
P3 was third). The #23 car pictured in the mod's illustration was the
winner. A P4 also won the 1000 Ks of Monza, but Ford won the Championship.

Chris Amon ran a more-or-less stock P4 in the Can-Am that year (and Pedro
Rodriguez ran one in early '68). The Ferrari "612" that showed up at Las
Vegas Can-Am (the old Stardust circuit), was essentially a rebodied P4 with
a monster 7-liter motor. It never won a race.

--Steve

. 97.136...

Old October 18th 04, 02:16 PM
Steve Smith

The full title of the mod is "Ferrari 330 Classic." Close enuf.

Old October 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Smith" > wrote in
:

> The 330P4 was avail in both open & closed top versions (the "roadster"
> was simply missing a small sheet of aluminum covering the dome of the
> roof). (Snippage)
>
> --Steve

Very Cool, thanks for the info Steve.

dave henrie

Old October 18th 04, 05:36 PM
ZZ

Steve Elaborated:

[...]

--------------------------------

Don't ya just love the knowledge in R.A.S.?

Thanks Steve.

--
I'm Richard "ZZ" Busch, and I approved this message.

Member:
Screamers Racing League
OAO
MARA TransAm
GPL Rank + 17.410
MoGPL Rank + 318.294
N2003 Rank -18.8060
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward