GTP Installation

Old March 8th 05, 06:52 PM
Larry

That I don't mind doing at all.

-Larry

. 97.136...

Old March 8th 05, 11:03 PM
Michael Staab

Hi,

"Larry" wrote

> I'll do without then.
>
> I'm not wiping out my NR2003 install just for GTP. It takes too damned
> long
> to build back up.

You don't have to. Just reinstall N2K3 using the setup.exe on the CD and DO
NOT INSTALL to the default directory (or whereever your original N2K3 is),
but to, for example C:Papyrus\NASCAR 2003 GTP, patch this install and use it
for the GTP install. Works without any problems here, I have in fact 4
different N2K3 installs on my HD.

Greetings,

Michael

Old March 9th 05, 02:01 PM
Darryl Johnson

Larry wrote in news:FumXd.53743$7z6.1955@lakeread04:

> I'll do without then.
>
> I'm not wiping out my NR2003 install just for GTP. It takes too

damned long
> to build back up.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
>> If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an

install
> over
>> a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other

mods and
> it
>> didn;'t react well at all.
>> Timmy

Although I did a FULL backup of my N2K3 directory tree before trying
this, I just ignored the suggestion to use a fresh install, and I
installed the new GTP into my current N2K3 directory. The ONLY issue
I have found (so far) is that my NASCAR spotter now has a lovely
British accent. I only have the CTS and GNS mods installed any more,
so it may be that it was some of the other mods that caused the
problems resulting in the warning for the fresh install.

While I do appreciate the fact that the creators of GTP very likely
had good reason to insist on a fresh install, I had seen a couple of
people claim to have done the install into their old N2K3 folders
without incident, and that's just like waving a red flag in front of
a bull: I HAD to try it. (As I saw, I did take precautions.)

--
Darryl
Old March 9th 05, 05:34 PM
elrikk

"Darryl Johnson" > wrote in message
> Larry wrote in news:FumXd.53743$7z6.1955@lakeread04:
>
> > I'll do without then.
> >
> > I'm not wiping out my NR2003 install just for GTP. It takes too

> damned long
> > to build back up.
> >
> > -Larry
> >
> > "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
> >> If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an

> install
> > over
> >> a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other

> mods and
> > it
> >> didn;'t react well at all.
> >> Timmy
> >>

> Although I did a FULL backup of my N2K3 directory tree before trying
> this, I just ignored the suggestion to use a fresh install, and I
> installed the new GTP into my current N2K3 directory. The ONLY issue
> I have found (so far) is that my NASCAR spotter now has a lovely
> British accent. I only have the CTS and GNS mods installed any more,
> so it may be that it was some of the other mods that caused the
> problems resulting in the warning for the fresh install.
>
> While I do appreciate the fact that the creators of GTP very likely
> had good reason to insist on a fresh install, I had seen a couple of
> people claim to have done the install into their old N2K3 folders
> without incident, and that's just like waving a red flag in front of
> a bull: I HAD to try it. (As I saw, I did take precautions.)
>
> --
> Darryl

I did exactly the same thing . . . copied the whole nr2003 tree to another
drive and installed over the original one. No problems. )

Elrikk

Old March 12th 05, 01:22 AM
Larry

Installed fine here.

Did a fresh secondary install of NR2003, updated, and installed GTP 1.1. No
issues.

Pay attention to what you're doing though. There are ample places along the
way to make yourself feel stupid

I do laugh at the total lack of imagination these guys had though. Car A,
B, C and D ? Paleeease! At LEAST they could have come up with ficticious
names like:

Car-X (Think About it)
Humzda
Porscht
Cadiludicrous STS

And what's up with the Neutered version of Watkins Glen?

I sure hope they got a $50 rebate from the State Department Of Animal
Control for this Neuter-Job.

At least we can have any car color we want, as long as it's Green, Black or
Silver LOL

Old March 12th 05, 01:22 AM
Larry

It actually _asked_ me to do this the first time I ran it.

-Larry

"Russell" > wrote in message
news
> David G Fisher wrote:
>> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message

egroups.com...

Old March 13th 05, 04:51 PM
elrikk

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in
> :
>

> > If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an install
> > over a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other
> > mods and it didn;'t react well at all.
> > Timmy
> >

> I, being a lazy sot and not liking to be told what to do, did the
> opposite. I installed over my working nr2k3 with tptcc, Ferrari 330 and
> PWF and Busch mods and guess what...? It works and so far the tptcc mod
> works too. (I haven't tested the others)
> I would recomend tho...that you all follow Redline's advice and do a
> clean install. Better safe than sorry eh?
>
> dave henrie

I found that the only thing that seemed to be affected was that when I chose
to drive in the Nascar Cup races my engine sounded suspisciously like a GT
car. ;o)

I then copied the sound folder (as modified by the GTP installer) to a dir
callet GTP_Sounds.
Then I copied the original sounds dir from my backup back to the sounds dir
and all was well.

A couple of simple dir renames and I can get my GTP sounds back when I want
them.

Elrikk

Elrikk

Old March 24th 05, 04:12 AM
marc fredo via GamesKB.com

I have tried hard for figure this mod out. Every step was taken not only
by me, but my business tech director as well. When we attempt the startup,
IT REBOOTS my ENTIRE system... Can anyone formulate a step by step to make
it easy to understand...Maybe someone like redline??? Why go through the
trouble to put something this exciting together, and then do such a poor
job of helping us enjoy it?

Old March 25th 05, 01:44 AM
Dave Henrie

"marc fredo via GamesKB.com" > wrote in
:

> I have tried hard for figure this mod out. Every step was taken not
> only by me, but my business tech director as well. When we attempt
> the startup, IT REBOOTS my ENTIRE system... Can anyone formulate a
> step by step to make it easy to understand...Maybe someone like
> redline??? Why go through the trouble to put something this exciting
> together, and then do such a poor job of helping us enjoy it?

A: Install a new clean version of Nr2k3.
B: Install the patch for Nr2k3
C: Test the new patched version
D: install the mod, let it choose the pathway
E: Run Config.exe
F: All that probably won't work, so install the patch again, this time
inside the nr2k3 folder. You now will have two versions of the gtp mod,
the one inside nr2k3 should be the one that works. Run that config program
again, and then use the gtp launcher shortcut to start the program. Choose
a chassis, and choose day or night cars. Then fiddle with the various
options. Once you get it working, you can 'probably' delete the first
version of gtp.
Notice I am saying NOTHING about Vroc...that is even MORE confusing.

dave henrie