Odd question (SteveH front and centre)

Old August 4th 04, 05:56 PM
Catman

Default Odd question (SteveH front and centre)

Anyone know what the list price for a 75 TS was *new*?
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 4th 04, 06:26 PM
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> Anyone know what the list price for a 75 TS was *new*?

ISTR it was £16k-ish.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old August 4th 04, 09:16 PM
Catman

SteveH wrote:

> Catman > wrote:
>
>> Anyone know what the list price for a 75 TS was *new*?

> ISTR it was £16k-ish.

Need to be more accurate than that mate, cheers anyway
Old August 5th 04, 12:26 AM
Mike Anthony

'Car' Magazine - December 1989 lists :-

2.0 TS - £12995
2.0 Veloce - £13895
2.5 V6 - £14675
2.5 Veloce - £15575
3.0 V6 - £15750
3.0 Veloce - £16650

Give me a few days, and I should be able to track down some older magazines.

I must now go down and proudly proclaim to the management, "You see. I told
you all those magazine back-issues would come in handy"

Hope this helps

Mike

Old August 5th 04, 02:57 AM
Synapse Syndrome

"Mike Anthony" > wrote in message
> 'Car' Magazine - December 1989 lists :-
>
> 2.0 TS - £12995
> 2.0 Veloce - £13895
> 2.5 V6 - £14675
> 2.5 Veloce - £15575
> 3.0 V6 - £15750
> 3.0 Veloce - £16650

Yuck.. those '80's Veloce models. 33's, Sprints, 75's, 164's..

yuck.

ss.

Old August 5th 04, 05:35 AM
SteveH

Mike Anthony > wrote:

> 'Car' Magazine - December 1989 lists :-
>
> 2.0 TS - £12995

That's a surprise, my 33 16v had a higher list price than that in 1990!
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old August 5th 04, 07:42 AM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> "Mike Anthony" > wrote in message
>> 'Car' Magazine - December 1989 lists :-
>>
>> 2.0 TS - £12995
>> 2.0 Veloce - £13895
>> 2.5 V6 - £14675
>> 2.5 Veloce - £15575
>> 3.0 V6 - £15750
>> 3.0 Veloce - £16650
>>

> Yuck.. those '80's Veloce models. 33's, Sprints, 75's, 164's..
>
> yuck.

Indeed. All those apostrophes
Old August 5th 04, 07:43 AM
Catman

Mike Anthony wrote:

> 'Car' Magazine - December 1989 lists :-
>
> 2.0 TS - £12995
> 2.0 Veloce - £13895
> 2.5 V6 - £14675
> 2.5 Veloce - £15575
> 3.0 V6 - £15750
> 3.0 Veloce - £16650
>
> Give me a few days, and I should be able to track down some older
> magazines.
>
> I must now go down and proudly proclaim to the management, "You see. I
> told you all those magazine back-issues would come in handy"
>
> Hope this helps

Massively, but only in a negative sense I fear. I wouldn't worry about the
older ones since I wanted to know for possible tax reasons. Even the
figures you've quoted here make it cheaper for me to buy the car privately
for company use than pay the tax on it

Cheers anyway
Old August 5th 04, 09:57 AM
MeatballTurbo

In article >, catman@cuore-
rustsportivo.co.uk says...
> Massively, but only in a negative sense I fear. I wouldn't worry about the
> older ones since I wanted to know for possible tax reasons. Even the
> figures you've quoted here make it cheaper for me to buy the car privately
> for company use than pay the tax on it
>
> Cheers anyway

Did you see that 5th gear repeat on home and leisure about classic cars
and company car tax then?
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com
Old August 5th 04, 01:20 PM
Catman

MeatballTurbo wrote:

> In article >, catman@cuore-
> rustsportivo.co.uk says...
>> Massively, but only in a negative sense I fear. I wouldn't worry about
>> the
>> older ones since I wanted to know for possible tax reasons. Even the
>> figures you've quoted here make it cheaper for me to buy the car
>> privately for company use than pay the tax on it
>>
>> Cheers anyway
>>

> Did you see that 5th gear repeat on home and leisure about classic cars
> and company car tax then?

Nah, saw it the first time round