Using or disabling an "Excalibur" car alarm

Old July 4th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben[_1_]

Default Using or disabling an "Excalibur" car alarm

Hi, our new 1987 Accord has a security system brand name Excalibur. Any
idea how to get a manual or some sort of instructions for this.
Otherwise any idea how to disable this? thanks!

Old July 8th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Daryl Bryant[_1_]

"ben" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, our new 1987 Accord has a security system brand name Excalibur. Any
> idea how to get a manual or some sort of instructions for this.
> Otherwise any idea how to disable this? thanks!

There should be a switch at or near the alarm box - you turn the ignition on
and flip the switch then turn off the ignition then on then off and back on
and should be disabled - the alarm light should blink once and perhaps a
chirp to indicate that the alarm has been disabled AND then flip the switch
back to the original position. Beware if you disconnect the battery or lose
power you will have to do this procedure all over again!

Another way is to permanently disabled it by using a tazar - find the
switch, strip the wire so bare wire can be seen. Now zap the bare wire for 5
seconds a couple of times! This will blow all the ic's. Next, you will need
to find the ignition wire that's attached to the alarm box, by-pass it with
12 gauge wire - that should do it!!