134a Refrigerant

Old July 26th 05, 07:14 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
.. .
> Oh, I thought that my response was absolutely killer

thats because youre an ignorant fool.

>> and BTW, i found out why there are refrigerants found in the bottom of
>> the
>> ocean. care to take a guess?

> Suppose you post the link... no begging the question here.

i have no link, but talk to a navy veteran sometime. its quite common for
the navy to dump refrigerant in and under water.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 26th 05, 07:17 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
.. .
> Nope... 'such as' is no limiting phrase.

LIAR! my statement was clear.

> And it was not in the original spec.

LIAR! it was in my original spec TO YOU and clearly listed even before your
pitiful attempt at explaining the purpose of the HMC.

>> irrelevent since i CLEARLY said -30 degrees. :-)

>We can all read, Nate

thats the beauty of it. everyone can clearly see your lies.

> we can put this to
> rest now, right?

i enjoy spanking you with your own lies to much to let it go. :-)

Old July 26th 05, 07:18 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> I let folks be as girly as they want.

its the only way to feel youre amongst peers. :-)

Old July 26th 05, 01:15 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>>and its still WRONG. :-)

>>Yes it's wrong

> thank you. this was my only point with your usage.
>>but it is also reality.

> no doubt. its still however, _wrong_.
>>Just like when I showed you dozens of links to HVAC contractors and other
>>"insiders" referring to "freon refrigeration".

> they are wrong as well.

I thought you said they didn't exist, as in "Nobody in the Industry"
Old July 26th 05, 01:43 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>I doubt they are wrong, but I question your interpretation of what they
>>actually say.

> aw c'mon, the links _clearly_ stated that sunlight destroyed the chlorine.
>>>and where is it going....the ozone? :-)

>>Perhaps some of it,

> so your statement is that swimming pools could account for a percentage of
> ozone depletion? that would be a logical deduction of your statement...

The part you snipped: "the vast majority gets washed out as HCl and HOCl."
The way you like to take things out of context and spin them you must be
a liberal.

>>>so tell me jeff, why hundreds of links state that chlorine is destroyed,
>>>and not one ive read says its the hypochlorous acid?

>>Because poolbois are too stupid to understand chemistry?

> drop the elitist bull**** already. i can assure you that youre no better
> than anybody else in this newsgroup.

I am not being elitist, I simply understand chemistry and physics far better
than you. This is not a value statement of better or worse, or good or bad.
I simply had educational opertunities that you may not have had.

>>Here's a site: http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm

> wheres the relevance? i see no direct reference to our points of
> difference.

Ok, I'll weed it out for you. From the site:
http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm

"Chlorine reacts with water to form Hypochlorous acid (HOC1). The
reaction is different for each form of chlorine but hypochlorous acid is
produced by each of those reactions and is the form in which chlorine
serves best as a disinfectant."

AND

Hypochlorous acid is a highly unstable molecule which dissipates rapidly
in the presence of sunlight. This results in considerable loss of free
chlorine form pools exposed to sunlight.

Again please note they are talking about "dissipation" and "loss", not
"destruction". Also, the key term is "free chlorine". The word free in
this case is not a superfluous modifier, it is a key part of the term.

--
jeff

Old July 27th 05, 04:12 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message
> I thought you said they didn't exist, as in "Nobody in the Industry"

nobody who knows anything about the industry anyway. its simple really.
call your local refrigeration supplier and ask them. the only people who
use "freon" to describe refrigerant are people who know nothing about
refrigeration.

Old July 27th 05, 04:21 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message
>> aw c'mon, the links _clearly_ stated that sunlight destroyed the
>> chlorine.
>>>
>>>Perhaps some of it,

>> so your statement is that swimming pools could account for a percentage
>> of ozone depletion? that would be a logical deduction of your
>> statement...

> The part you snipped: "the vast majority gets washed out as HCl and HOCl."
> The way you like to take things out of context and spin them you must be a
> liberal.

c'mon jeff im taking you at face value and if you look i did not take
anything out of context and spin it....i simply ASKED YOU A QUESTION! here
was my QUESTION:

"so your statement is that swimming pools could account for a percentage of
ozone depletion?"

that is not spinning anything or taking your statement out of context so
stop making **** up. that is a SIMPLE QUESTION and nothing more.

now on that question....i asked you _clearly_: "where is it going
(referencing swimming pool chlorine)....the ozone?" and your response was
"perhaps some of it". BASED UPON THAT, my QUESTION to you is a very
reasonable and logical deduction and ill ask it again and request a direct
response please. is your statement that swimming pools COULD account for a
percentage of ozone depletion?

>> drop the elitist bull**** already. i can assure you that youre no better
>> than anybody else in this newsgroup.

> I am not being elitist

yes you are. your "poolboi" reference is a "i am better than you"
statement. to this point we simply disagree and id really HATE to reach the
point of classifying you as a liar along with stephen. cut the bull****
already, your implications in the "poolboi" references are clear.

> I simply understand chemistry and physics far better
> than you.

much in the same way id bet ive forgotten more about refrigeration than you.
that doesnt mean i should look down my nose at you for it.

> Ok, I'll weed it out for you. From the site:
> http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/ehs/chem.htm
>
> "Chlorine reacts with water to form Hypochlorous acid (HOC1). The reaction
> is different for each form of chlorine but hypochlorous acid is produced
> by each of those reactions and is the form in which chlorine serves best
> as a disinfectant."
>
> AND
>
> Hypochlorous acid is a highly unstable molecule which dissipates rapidly
> in the presence of sunlight. This results in considerable loss of free
> chlorine form pools exposed to sunlight.

fine, hypochlorous acid dissipates rapidly in sunlight. that does not
support your statement that chlorine does not also dissipate. please
provide links directly addressing the subject of our disagreement.

Old July 27th 05, 05:03 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

How many times to I have to tell you I never said, "volume =
density"
What about that Equator air? I have asked you to take minute and
tell me all you know, but you apparently are incapable of even that.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 27th 05, 05:39 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> .. .
> > Nope... 'such as' is no limiting phrase.

>=20
> LIAR! my statement was clear.

'Such as'... not limiting. Welch
=20
> > And it was not in the original spec.

>=20
> LIAR! it was in my original spec TO YOU and clearly listed even =

before your=20
> pitiful attempt at explaining the purpose of the HMC.

Nope... we've all read the original challenge.
Welch.
=20
> >> irrelevent since i CLEARLY said -30 degrees. :-)

>=20
> >We can all read, Nate

>=20
> thats the beauty of it. everyone can clearly see your lies.

Well, where are they? I don't see a line of
folks supporting you on this one... even
your sidekick Bill is silent. Welch.
=20
> > we can put this to
> > rest now, right?

>=20
> i enjoy spanking you with your own lies to much to let it go. =20

Welch.

Don't forget!
<>
you:
> more babble. i nailed you on it. i recognize my limitations and=20
> immediately own it. you lie, make excuses, and attempt to dazzle us =

with=20
> bull**** in hopes of hiding your blatent (sic) ignorance.

me:
You don't have a clue about your limitations... imagine you,
an HVAC tech, making pronouncements about atmospheric
science! That shows *extreme* hubris... you deserve what
you get.
</>

: )
__
Steve
..

Old July 27th 05, 05:40 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> .. .
> >> TRANSLATION --> "i have nothing to say but that never stops me" =

:-)
>=20
> > Sure I did... remember?

>=20
> nope. you just repeat the same lies. you remind me of the black =

knight=20
> from the holy grail. :-)

Here's what I have to say:

Welch.

<>
you:
> more babble. i nailed you on it. i recognize my limitations and=20
> immediately own it. you lie, make excuses, and attempt to dazzle us =

with=20
> bull**** in hopes of hiding your blatent (sic) ignorance.

me:
You don't have a clue about your limitations... imagine you,
an HVAC tech, making pronouncements about atmospheric
science! That shows *extreme* hubris... you deserve what
you get.
</>

You deserve what you get... remember that.
__
Steve
..