1988 Eagle Premier ES

Old June 24th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike

Default 1988 Eagle Premier ES

Hi my name is Mike and I have an 88 eagle premier my speedometer &
odometer are not working anymore but the odometer & trip was woking
for a year and the speedometer was not working the rest of the guages
do work like temp, gas, oil pressure, etc. Please some1 help me out
and give some answers on what i should check first.

Old June 25th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

On Jun 23, 9:54 pm, Mike > wrote:
> Hi my name is Mike and I have an 88 eagle premier my speedometer &
> odometer are not working anymore but the odometer & trip was woking
> for a year and the speedometer was not working the rest of the guages
> do work like temp, gas, oil pressure, etc. Please some1 help me out
> and give some answers on what i should check first.

I am not very familiar with that model, as it was built when Renault
was partnered with American Motors, prior to Chrysler's aquisition.

I would suggest checking for a cable coming from the back of the
speedometer. It could be broken.

If there is no cable, they probably started to use a speed sensor on
the transmission by then, to pickup the signal for the speedometer and
odometer. If it has gone bad, a replacment should fix it.

-KM