another day another tech

Old July 10th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steph[_1_]

Default another day another tech

quick followup to a previous post of mine.
I had purchased a new (ebay) remote keyfob. But when I took the car to
have it programmed (2001 LW-200), the service advisor returned it to me
with the dash lit like a christmas tree and told me the BCM was bad and
the keyfob could not be programmed.

I had never seen the dash light like that (on this car) previously.The
first restart and it was all normal again so I took it home as was -
still without remote lock/unlock or security features.

Well time passed and I dealt with no remote working until it was time for
a oil change. I asked again for them to program the keyfob, 20 minutes
later (well okay, 65 minutes including the oil change, rotation,
programming, and exterior wash) and I have access to the security alarm,
remote lock/unlock and happiness.

I still have yet to see the BCM throw such an error, and the car
continues to drive fine (well at least I know what it still needs).

Moral: just as with help desk support, asking a different person will
often yield a different answer.
Old July 11th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Good story and how true. I always say a car is only as good as it's techs.

--
marx404

rec.autos.tech richrx Technology 0 August 13th 07 02:37 AM
tech question 69' Buggy Cal stylie VW air cooled 1 February 24th 06 05:08 PM
Tech help MALCOLM HICKMAN Ford Mustang 3 April 13th 05 03:44 PM
Jeep Tech HarryS Jeep 22 February 10th 05 02:15 AM