four or six in sport

Old July 19th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeep

Default four or six in sport

hi men, just saw an ebay jeep 2001 that said it was a sport but had a four cylinder, i didnt think they made sports with four cylinders. am i wrong. thanks john jr
Old July 20th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
reconair

Maybe the seller meant 4.0L. I mix it up all the time myself.
Old July 20th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

6.

The Sport gets the 6, the SE gets the 4. The X also gets the 6, but is
otherwise equipped similarlly to the SE.

You are not wrong, the guy that posted on eBay has made a mistake.

Old July 20th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
toxicated101

Hi

In England you can get the following Jeeps for 2001 (Data from
insurance company website)

JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNIVERSARY 2001-2001 3960cc 3 DOOR ESTATE Manual
Petrol
JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA - HARD TOP 1997- 3960cc 3 DOOR ESTATE Manual
Petrol
JEEP WRANGLER SPORT - SOFT TOP 1997- 3960cc COUPE Manual Petrol

JEEP WRANGLER SPORT - SOFT TOP 1997-2001 2464cc COUPE Manual Petrol

Not sure its the same in the US.

Cheers

Matt

Old July 20th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> The Sport gets the 6, the SE gets the 4. The X also gets the 6, but is
> otherwise equipped similarlly to the SE.

Is this also true for a 1992 Sport?

Old July 20th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
toxicated101

Hi

I tried with the same DB for 1992 and I got the following

JEEP WRANGLER (INJ) 1992-1997 2464cc COUPE Manual Petrol
JEEP WRANGLER (INJ) 1992-1997 3956cc COUPE Manual Petrol

No mention of sport any where.

Again this is in the UK.

Cheers

Matt

Old July 20th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

I do not recall ever hearing of a '92 Sport. '92 Jeeps are YJs, and the
Sport is a trim package that comes on the '97 and later TJs.

Old July 20th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Foley[_1_]

Ah ha...

I'm thinking about a Cherokee Sport......

I didn't realize that Sport was also a trim package for TJs.

According to kbb.com, 92 Cherokee Sport is avialable in both 4 and 6
cylinder.

My boss owns one that his son drives. He said he's thinking of trading it in
towards a new car, but doesn't expect to get anything for it, so I may be
able to grab it cheap.

Old July 21st 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

The Sport Cherokee is a base model with hand-crank windows and manual door
locks.

Old July 22nd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Okay, then maybe I had it backwards, the Cherokee Sport is the one with the
options ...