Sirius satellite radio

Old June 24th 05, 08:21 AM
Tom

Default Sirius satellite radio

I've recently bought a 2005 Mazda 3 which is "Sirius satellite radio ready".
I'd like to add Sirius to it, but Mazda wants over $500 to provide the tuner
and install it. Stand alone Sirius units for the dash or windshield can now
be bought for $50 and include the tuner, the control box/receiver, and
antenna, but I'd rather use the control panel/CD player that's already in
the car and ready to display Sirius. Nobody seems to sell the tuner so
Mazda has us--really an enormous rip-off. Does anyone know a way around
this--anywhere where this tuner can be purchased at a reasonable price?
Also, does anyone know what brand of CD player Mazda uses in the 3--that may
help in tracking down the correct tuner. Thanks.

Old June 24th 05, 12:03 PM
Randy Maheux

I found it cheaper to just replace the entire unit. Also,
you might want to look into XM radio instead of Sirius. My
much less than exhaustive research has led me to believe
that XM is more likely to be around in a few years and I
think their fee is a little cheaper.

m...