P0113 and Active Handling Warming Up Issues

Old July 23rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JG[_1_]

Default P0113 and Active Handling Warming Up Issues

My mag red 6 speed 99 has been problem free since I bought it until last
night. I've never see a Active Handling Warming message on my DIC. My friend
see's it all the time on his 04 and it goes out within 30 sec each time.
Well mine last night did not go for about 10 minutes and a check engine
light came up while the active handling light was illuminated. The AH light
eventually did go out after about 15 min of driving with a message saying
the system was warm.

This morning I went to a friends garage to look into the Engine light. While
going over the AH warming message came up again and stayed on for about 10
miles. It did go out before I got to the shop. We found a P0113 code. We
cleared it and ran the motor. The light came back on after putting about 5
miles. I got a new temp sensor (the one that goes in the bellows just in
front of the TB,) cleared the fault. Drove home with no problems. About an
hour later took the car out and the check engine light came on again. Same
code P0113. During this entire ordeal the AH warming would come and
eventually go away. But it would take about 15-20 min for that to happen.

Can these two problems be tied together? I have the download device that
connects under the column to get the codes. All I'm seeing is the P0113. If
there were codes for the AH systems should I be seeing them there or is
there another location to download a different computer? If these are two
different problems what else can be causing the P113 code? Is there another
sensor I should be looking at? What is actually warming up when this message
is being displayed? I've never gotten the service message.

--
Jim

Old July 23rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"JG" > wrote in message
newstzwg.113935$TK1.13956@fed1read06...
> My mag red 6 speed 99 has been problem free since I bought it until last
> night. I've never see a Active Handling Warming message on my DIC. My friend
> see's it all the time on his 04 and it goes out within 30 sec each time. Well
> mine last night did not go for about 10 minutes and a check engine light came
> up while the active handling light was illuminated. The AH light eventually
> did go out after about 15 min of driving with a message saying the system was
> warm.
>
> This morning I went to a friends garage to look into the Engine light. While
> going over the AH warming message came up again and stayed on for about 10
> miles. It did go out before I got to the shop. We found a P0113 code. We
> cleared it and ran the motor. The light came back on after putting about 5
> miles. I got a new temp sensor (the one that goes in the bellows just in front
> of the TB,) cleared the fault. Drove home with no problems. About an hour
> later took the car out and the check engine light came on again. Same code
> P0113. During this entire ordeal the AH warming would come and eventually go
> away. But it would take about 15-20 min for that to happen.
>
> Can these two problems be tied together? I have the download device that
> connects under the column to get the codes. All I'm seeing is the P0113. If
> there were codes for the AH systems should I be seeing them there or is there
> another location to download a different computer? If these are two different
> problems what else can be causing the P113 code? Is there another sensor I
> should be looking at? What is actually warming up when this message is being
> displayed? I've never gotten the service message.
>
> --
> Jim

It's not the sensor, the sensor is receiving a high voltage, P0113 Intake Air
temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage -B.

Open the DIC by the "diagnostic display" mode entered by the following
procedu
1) turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.

2) press the "reset" button to turn off any warning messages

3) press and hold "options" and

4) while holding "options", press "fuel" four times within a 10-second period.

Initially, the on-board diagnostics go into the "automatic" mode which shows
each module's DTCs in a pre-set sequence.

See if you get the same information.

Old July 23rd 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
L DaVinci

A problem with the IAT results in the car thinking the temp is below
16F which will put the car into the AH Warming Up mode.

Check the wiring and connector going to the IAT first. Often that is
where the problem is. If that doesn't change the situation, then
change the IAT.

If you need more help, check out www.c5forum.com or
www.corvettemechanic.com

Old July 24th 06, 07:02 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JG[_1_]

"L DaVinci" > wrote in message
>A problem with the IAT results in the car thinking the temp is below
> 16F which will put the car into the AH Warming Up mode.
>
> Check the wiring and connector going to the IAT first. Often that is
> where the problem is. If that doesn't change the situation, then
> change the IAT.
>
> If you need more help, check out www.c5forum.com or
> www.corvettemechanic.com
>
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:32:56 -0700, "JG" > wrote:
>
>>My mag red 6 speed 99 has been problem free since I bought it until last
>>night. I've never see a Active Handling Warming message on my DIC. My
>>friend
>>see's it all the time on his 04 and it goes out within 30 sec each time.
>>Well mine last night did not go for about 10 minutes and a check engine
>>light came up while the active handling light was illuminated. The AH
>>light
>>eventually did go out after about 15 min of driving with a message saying
>>the system was warm.
>>
>>This morning I went to a friends garage to look into the Engine light.
>>While
>>going over the AH warming message came up again and stayed on for about 10
>>miles. It did go out before I got to the shop. We found a P0113 code. We
>>cleared it and ran the motor. The light came back on after putting about 5
>>miles. I got a new temp sensor (the one that goes in the bellows just in
>>front of the TB,) cleared the fault. Drove home with no problems. About an
>>hour later took the car out and the check engine light came on again. Same
>>code P0113. During this entire ordeal the AH warming would come and
>>eventually go away. But it would take about 15-20 min for that to happen.
>>
>>Can these two problems be tied together? I have the download device that
>>connects under the column to get the codes. All I'm seeing is the P0113.
>>If
>>there were codes for the AH systems should I be seeing them there or is
>>there another location to download a different computer? If these are two
>>different problems what else can be causing the P113 code? Is there
>>another
>>sensor I should be looking at? What is actually warming up when this
>>message
>>is being displayed? I've never gotten the service message.

Thanks for all the inputs. I thought changing the sensor fixed it but it
repeated later last night. I'll look at the connector....plan on changing it
out.