Truck Driver Clothes

Old May 27th 05, 05:54 AM

Default Truck Driver Clothes

I would like to know what are the usuall clothes that truck drivers
wear. I'm thinking blue jeans, trucker jacket, and a baseball cap. Is
this correct? What about the shoes? It would be nice to know this. I
have my reasons.

Old May 27th 05, 06:15 AM

No, this is a serious post. I'd like to know what the majority of the
truckers wear.

I'm a writer; writting is a pastime for me. It would help if I knew
this so that I can be descriptive in my novelette that I'm working on.

Old May 30th 05, 04:31 AM
Gudmundur

In article .com>,
says...

>I would like to know what are the usuall clothes that truck drivers
>wear. I'm thinking blue jeans, trucker jacket, and a baseball cap. Is
>this correct? What about the shoes? It would be nice to know this. I
>have my reasons.

Guessing you are serious, and I doubt it,

May large company drivers, UPS, Schneider, JBH, are issued cotton uniforms
from Wear-Guard or similar, and they are just Dockers in disguise, and
the cotton shirts are like U.S. Navy 'working blues'.

Me, personally, my company did not require a uniform, so I wore jeans
of any brand, and fancy colorful T-shirts from Liquid Blue at about
$18 each. A light wind breaker jacket, but Walls coveralls in winter.
And the boots, Dingo's, because many drop lots were either muddy, deep
with rain water, or full of unplowed snow. While driving, I was generally
barefoot, which I think is not allowed. The barefoot is a life choice
however, and I only wear footwear when required in public places.

Now, as for your stereotypical 'Dumb assed trucker', you better do some
research on that. I am a retired Electronics Technician Navy Chief,
have designed, built, and marketed medical measurement equipment, and
just simply love to drive. I make more money driving as a blue collar
worker, than I ever did at a white collar desk job, and I am still one
of the old school guys who helps motorists in trouble, and reports
unsafe driving habits of other 18 wheelers. Seeing a chuckle brain driving
80,000 pounds only three feet off the back bumper of another motorist
****es me off as much as it does you. One asswipe trucker leaves a
tarnished image that hurts a hundred good truckers. And I find it very
sad that with the new batch of East Indian, and Russian truckers out there,
good truckers are becoming much more rare. As for most of the indians, and
russians, I would not let them drive my tonka trucks in a sand box, and sure
as hell would never put them out on America's highways. And don't say
it's sour grapes, or I hate immigrants, I have dual citizenship, as my
mother is Icelandic, and my father (now passed) was Tuscaroran native
american.

Best wishes for a serious follow-up. Bless.

Old May 30th 05, 05:03 PM
Paul

On Mon, 30 May 2005 03:31:32 -0000, Gudmundur , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

<snip>

> ****es me off as much as it does you. One asswipe trucker leaves a
> tarnished image that hurts a hundred good truckers. And I find it very
> sad that with the new batch of East Indian, and Russian truckers out there,
> good truckers are becoming much more rare.

You can thank the stock market, CEO and MBA worshiping mentality of our
nation for that one. Starting with the MBA in the WH. Isn't he the one
who wants to eradicate our Southern Border? The only thing that matters
to them is the bottom line which is why there are more immigrants out
there; not because they feel sorry for immigrant's plight back home. Its
so that the CEO's can exploit the hell out of them by paying them a sub
poverty wage so that they can afford their high end beamers and the
overpriced health clubs they drive them to...

> As for most of the indians, and
> russians, I would not let them drive my tonka trucks in a sand box, and sure
> as hell would never put them out on America's highways. And don't say
> it's sour grapes, or I hate immigrants,

Its not. Its because the CEO's don't want to spend the money to train
these people on how to properly drive in this nation and just turn them
loose on our highways.

> Best wishes for a serious follow-up. Bless.

God help us all....