1964 Ford Pickup Truck.

Old June 17th 11, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default 1964 Ford Pickup Truck.

I am listening to a swap shop local radio talk show.A lady in a town not
far from me has that pickup truck for sale for $450.00.I was thinking I
ought to check that out.In 1965 Ford went to the twin I beam front
suspension, I don't like that twin I beam, I have owned a 1967 Ford
pickup truck before that had twin I Beam.That 1967 Ford pickup truck,
when turning sharp left and right corners, the front end would hop
around those sharp corners like a Tank.
cuhulin

Old June 17th 11, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Jun 17, 10:23*am, wrote:
> I am listening to a swap shop local radio talk show.A lady in a town not
> far from me has that pickup truck for sale for $450.00.I was thinking I
> ought to check that out.In 1965 Ford went to the twin I beam front
> suspension, I don't like that twin I beam, I have owned a 1967 Ford
> pickup truck before that had twin I Beam.That 1967 Ford pickup truck,
> when turning sharp left and right corners, the front end would hop
> around those sharp corners like a Tank. *
> cuhulin

yeah, when it gets sloppy you can watch the toe change when you back
up

Unfortunately they used that same design well into the 90's... my ''93
has it but at least it seems that the previous owner took care of it.
The '93 has ball joints but I would assume that a '64 should have
kingpins.

nate
Old June 17th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jamesgangnc[_2_]

On Jun 17, 11:11*am, N8N > wrote:
> On Jun 17, 10:23*am, wrote:
>
> > I am listening to a swap shop local radio talk show.A lady in a town not
> > far from me has that pickup truck for sale for $450.00.I was thinking I
> > ought to check that out.In 1965 Ford went to the twin I beam front
> > suspension, I don't like that twin I beam, I have owned a 1967 Ford
> > pickup truck before that had twin I Beam.That 1967 Ford pickup truck,
> > when turning sharp left and right corners, the front end would hop
> > around those sharp corners like a Tank. *
> > cuhulin

> yeah, when it gets sloppy you can watch the toe change when you back
> up
>
> Unfortunately they used that same design well into the 90's... my ''93
> has it but at least it seems that the previous owner took care of it.
> The '93 has ball joints but I would assume that a '64 should have
> kingpins.
>
> nate

But they were tough as hell. We used to run around a dirt bike track
in a friends ford with i beams. He'd get the front of it 8 feet off
the ground.
Old June 17th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

In Vietnam in 1964, I worked in ammo supply,
http://www.114thaviationcompany.com
a few miles North of the Tan Son Nhut North Gate.I drove 2 1/2 ton Army
combat trucks.But, one of our trucks, it was either a 1963 or 1964 Ford
Olive Drab pickup truck, six cylinders, manual gear shift lever under
the steering wheel.One day the gear shift lever wouldn't move at all.I
put a little bit of oil on it, we never had any more problems with that
Ford pickup truck.That was a sweet running pickup truck, it handled
almost like a sports car.
cuhulin

Old June 19th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aemeijers

On 6/17/2011 6:49 PM, wrote:
> In Vietnam in 1964, I worked in ammo supply,

http://www.114thaviationcompany.com
> a few miles North of the Tan Son Nhut North Gate.I drove 2 1/2 ton Army
> combat trucks.But, one of our trucks, it was either a 1963 or 1964 Ford
> Olive Drab pickup truck, six cylinders, manual gear shift lever under
> the steering wheel.One day the gear shift lever wouldn't move at all.I
> put a little bit of oil on it, we never had any more problems with that
> Ford pickup truck.That was a sweet running pickup truck, it handled
> almost like a sports car.
> cuhulin

Well, compared to a deuce-and-a-half, pretty much everything does....