2011 RIP auto cassettes

Old February 15th 11, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default 2011 RIP auto cassettes

In article >,
Roger Blake > wrote:
>On 2011-02-14, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
>> More likely you have Type A broadcast cartridges, which are continuous
>> loops, not reels. Also an RCA invention.

>No, they are definitely the RCA cassette-on-steroids 1/4" reel-to-reel
>cartridges, most still sealed in their boxes. Picked 'em up at a flea
>market years ago for a few pennies.

You might want to talk to the Museum of Sound Recording in NYC. They have
an Elcaset display but they do not have any of those and it would be worth
a tax deduction at least.
--scott
Old February 15th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Tegger" > wrote in message >
> Technical excellence is only /one/ of /many/ criteria consumers consider
> when making purchases.

> Tegger

Some of the popular music now is not worth technical excellence in recording
and playback, IMO. (Shows you how old I am!)