Death of another fine Ford?

Old May 3rd 05, 01:06 AM
Dad

Default Death of another fine Ford?

The local Ford dealer got a GT (40) in with a price tag of $151,000 and
change. Looks even tougher that the original did, blown with rollers for
tires. Dealer claims that the present HP is 550 and not 500 as it started
out in life. He also said the Company was going to build 8,000 of them and
will be lucky to complete 800 of them this year.

Fords shows the specs as -
Engine Type: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, supercharged V-8
Engine Displacement (L): 5.4
Bore/Stroke (mm): 90.2x105.8
Displacement (cu in/cc): 330/5409
Compression Ratio (in/mm): 8.4:1
Material: Aluminum block
Horsepower @ RPM: 550@6,500
Torque @ RPM (lb ft): 500@3,750
Horsepower Specific Output (hp/liter): 101.9
Torque Specific Output (lb ft/liter): 92.6
Recommended Fuel: 91 octane (premium)
Fuel System: Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection -(SEFI)
with dual injectors per cylinder
Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts): 12
Usable Fuel Capacity (gal): 17.5

Here's the kicker, he, the dealer, was willing to sell it for $250,000,
claimed that one had already sold for $300,000+. There was a slight smell of
K-Y in the air. Will this car go the way of the Thunderbird and is that
their goal?

Reminds me of the ZR1 when it came out, people bought them at inflated
prices because they were going to become a good investment. Which some day
they might but then I remember the last Eldorado convertible and how it was
a great buy a 2X the list and how it went though the floor followed by the
ZR1.

Still a great looking Ford and a shame they will build so few of them
partially because of the greed factor.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
Vandervecken

I kinda doubt if he can move the G.T. for $300K. But you never know.
Local [Wichita, KS] area dealers are still trying to get $5K to $10K
over sticker for C6's. Lots of opportunistic dealers out there who
cannot distinguish a customer from a mark - or just don't care. Guess
they find enough marks.

Press reports vary a lot on the GT's future. You can, however, find
reliable specs in any of the major car mags. Or likely even at Ford's
website.

-- Vanderecken
C6 droptop coming Thursday

Old May 3rd 05, 11:23 AM
sbright

THey do get greedy. I saw a 2002 Convertible with 6000 miles for sale for
42,000$. As I recal that 's about
what a brand new one cost once the c6's came out.

-Stan

. ..

Old May 5th 05, 12:11 AM
Danno

Chuck.K farted:

Old May 12th 05, 11:04 PM
Bababooey

Did Ford ever really think that an over 100K Ford would ever amount to
anything except fluff?

If they want to do something like that, they should come out with a
sub-brand to kinda start fresh with a new image.

Just my .02cents