Side mirror leaking strange liquid "damaging"paint....

Old February 16th 05, 04:42 PM
fbloogyudsr

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote
> Even though it's not directed toward me, I'd still like to know what a
> plonk is...

Plonk means that someone has added your email address to his/her
blocked sender list, because all you send out is spam, off-topic chatter,
invective, etc.

Floyd
Old February 17th 05, 02:30 AM
Michael Low

ThaDriver wrote:
<snip>

> And hey BTW: what happens if you're backing out of a parking spot in

a lot?
> Does it *still* turn down so that you can't see behind you on that

side?
> (that would just be wrong! LOL)

You should not back out just by using mirrors. You should always crank
your body and head around to look through the back window for a wide
view while you are backing out. Even that doesn't ensure you don't
miss something. Backing up in tight quarters is always tricky and the
parking lot is frequently where accidents occur. A good way to execute
the look around is to grab the seat back or the headrest of the
passenger seat and pull yourself around. Steer with the other arm.

The tilting side mirror is just for looking at the curb or whatever may
pose a hazard to your rear passenger side rim. I suggest you try it in
a car with low profile tires before you pan feature.

I appreciate certain aspects of your crustiness but please give it a
rest.

Old February 17th 05, 05:44 AM
ThaDriver

>You should not back out just by using mirrors. You should always crank
your body and head around to look through the back window for a wide
view while you are backing out. Even that doesn't ensure you don't
miss something. Backing up in tight quarters is always tricky and the
parking lot is frequently where accidents occur. A good way to execute
the look around is to grab the seat back or the headrest of the
passenger seat and pull yourself around. Steer with the other arm.
I appreciate certain aspects of your crustiness but please give it a
rest.
***********
I've been driving for 38 years so I know how to back up. I always check
all three mirrors more than once, & turn around as much as possible to
look behind while slowly backing up. At my age it's not as easy (turning
around that is) as it used to be, even using the pass. seat. Also the more
I turn around the less control I have with the clutch.
Resting now...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Old February 20th 05, 05:29 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I never understand why a poster announces he/she is plonking another. Can't
they just do it...?...

DAS

---

Old February 21st 05, 08:57 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote
>I never understand why a poster announces he/she is plonking another.
>Can't they just do it...?...

Do you never honk at someone that did something wrong?

Old February 21st 05, 11:29 PM
David Hageman

fbloogyudsr wrote:
> "Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote
> >I never understand why a poster announces he/she is plonking

another.
> >Can't they just do it...?...

> Do you never honk at someone that did something wrong?

I honk and flip the bird to everyone with a KERRY/EDWARDS bumper
sticker!!

;^)

David Hageman

Old February 22nd 05, 09:58 AM
Jeff Mayner

David Hageman wrote:
> fbloogyudsr wrote:
>> "Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote
>>> I never understand why a poster announces he/she is plonking
>>> another. Can't they just do it...?...

>> Do you never honk at someone that did something wrong?
>>

> I honk and flip the bird to everyone with a KERRY/EDWARDS bumper
> sticker!!
>
> ;^)
>
> David Hageman

Plonk!!

Just kidding. I don't plonk anyone. Not even Repubs. ;-)

Jeff