1998 Ford Explorer XLT rear tailgate window

Old February 14th 11, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
alski81

Default 1998 Ford Explorer XLT rear tailgate window

does any one know the measurement for a 98'' Ford explorer XLT rear
tailgate window? I had mine smashed and i got a replacement but its the
wrong size,or can someone give me a link the the right website supplying
this info-can any one help?plz-

--
alski81
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 14th 11, 10:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alan E. Seelbach

"alski81" > wrote in message

> does any one know the measurement for a 98'' Ford explorer XLT rear
> tailgate window? I had mine smashed and i got a replacement but its the
> wrong size,or can someone give me a link the the right website supplying
> this info-can any one help?plz-
>

> --
> alski81
> Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Try this link:
http://www.windshields.com/Ford_wind...ity/index.html

Al in Poughkeepsie

Old February 18th 11, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
RJ[_6_]

On 2/14/2011 12:16 AM, alski81 wrote:
> does any one know the measurement for a 98'' Ford explorer XLT rear
> tailgate window? I had mine smashed and i got a replacement but its the
> wrong size,or can someone give me a link the the right website supplying
> this info-can any one help?plz-

I'm not sure what you mean by wrong size, however I can share my
experiences which might be usable to you. I got to close to mine with a
weed-wacker and picked up a small rock. It pretty much exploded into a
zillion little pieces of glass. Took it in to have it replaced which
was done. It seemed fine, but a couple days later it didn't close
properly so I took it back to the glass guy. It was more to the left
than the right so I told him it needed to be aligned. As it turns out,
some of the small pieces of glass had gotten down into the latching
mechanism, and made aligning it impossible. After cleaning out the
latch it lined right up and closed properly.
RJ - 98XLT 93k