e34 520I morning starting issues

Old September 14th 06, 05:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
imakedahitz

Default e34 520I morning starting issues

I am reposting this as I only recieved links to other sites on reply
..
Would aprecceate some actual feedbak...Thanks

I have a e34 520i (m50) the car started to have problems last winter
when it started to get cold it became increasingly hard to start in the

mornings and finaly refused . after changing coils,plugs unplugging
airflow (maf) nothing would help in the morning (would eventualy start
after a long time) finaly unplugged the crankshaft position sensor and
it started after about 2 seconds.( Ive been running likre this until
yesterday)I changed the sensor but it still doesnt want to start in the

morning unless I unplug it..(once warmed up I can plug it bak in and
starts and runs beautifuly) I dont know what else to do ´maybe change
the ecu or the relay (anybody have any ideas)

Old September 14th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
SharkmanBMW![_2_]

you are an idiot... I gave you a link to the answers and you complain!
Join bimmer.info, and all the mechanics there will help you out!
it is a far bigger community than this group.
If you think it is advertising, good luck getting through life blind.
Now you make a whole new post about the same thing because "no one held your
hand and fixed your fricken car"
get a grip

ups.com...

Old September 14th 06, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

Ahem.

When it doesn't start what's it not getting? Spark, air or fuel?

In article >,
SharkmanBMW! > wrote:
>you are an idiot... I gave you a link to the answers and you complain!
>Join bimmer.info, and all the mechanics there will help you out!
>it is a far bigger community than this group.
>If you think it is advertising, good luck getting through life blind.
>Now you make a whole new post about the same thing because "no one held your
>hand and fixed your fricken car"
>get a grip

oups.com...

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old September 14th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
imakedahitz

It sounds like there is spark (it kiks up every so often ) but it seems
more like the computer doesn't tell the fuel pump to send fuel., but I
am not a mechanic so i don't really know for sure, If I try for too
long to start it with the crankshaft sensor plugged in the I started to
smell gas in the winter but now I just unplug it ,start the car and
plug it bak in (the crank-sensor)there's just too much goin on with the
computer and vanos etc..
(I miss my old mercedes,over 340k miles on it and no probs) oh well the
bimmer is a bit more fun to drive.......maybe its cuz i'm so feakin
happy it actualy starded!...
anyways bak to the subject...I removed the ecu(dme) today to try to see
if there was maybe a bad connection but it all looks quite
clean,however I couldn't open it to see if there was something wrong
inside as I dont have the wright tool to open the box ,gonna try
2morrow to buy the right size key>

BTW:I did try to go on that e34 website but I couldnt make an acct,
for some reason there was a box with some text I was supposed to see
but there was nothing there ,some sort of protection against automated
enrollment...maybe its cuz I'm in sweden at the moment....